Eggs are here! Woo!

Holy moly she’s been laying for over 6 hours and she’s still not done! This pic is when there was only two eggs. How many do you think there will be?

In 2019 she had 21

Pairing: Motley Tiger DH Purple Amel x 50% Jampea Dwarf Purple Goldenchild

6 Likes

My guess would be 23.
Beautiful girl.

4 Likes

Not quite! In total she laid 48!

6 Likes

WOW!!!

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Wowza, that’s considerably more than her last clutch. Congratulations.
How big is the female?

2 Likes

If only ball pythons would lay that many eggs haha. That would be a dream. Congrats btw!

Congrats!!! That’s awesome!!!

congrats! cant wait to see them hatch

Jeeze 48…Congrats.

1 Like

How many days till first pip?

She’s about 14 feet. She’s a 2013 animal.

2 Likes

Approx 85 days. Plus it minus a few

1 Like

That’s total laid. A few were infertile duds which happens.

2 Likes

:scream_cat: WOW!
I am glad ball python don’t lay that many. I would have to totally rethink my incubator and racks plans. I would have to move!

2 Likes

Any reason you don’t breed her with a dwarf?

1 Like

Because I don’t have a dwarf male with genetics that I want to breed her with yet. I currently have a 50% SD Amel (7 ft) which would produce 25%SD, 25% dwarf normal and Goldenchild 100% het Purple and Amel. I’m trying to keep my SD Amel stuff separate from Clark Albino, so this is not an ideal pairing for me.

Or I have 25% SD/37.5% dwarf Lavender Het Anery.(13 feet) So that pair make 12.5% SD, 43.75% dwarf albino (lav and purple) normal pattern or GC 50% poss het Anery. Still staying about the same 12-14 foot range in this pairing, so no smaller size benefits, less morphs.

This female is fairly large and isn’t really going to help create smaller animals unless I breed her to pure dwarf or SD (which I don’t have) hold all female offspring back and select the smallest animal to breed for small size. At 14 feet, my female will make manageable sized animals compared to mainlands but my current males will not likely contribute to better sizes or morphs than this pairing, in which the offspring are averaging 12-13 feet and 16 combinations.

2 Likes