Enchi Cypress?

Hi guys,

Bought this girl a couple of months ago as an Enchi Cypress but the more I look at her the more I think she’s just a nice Enchi!
Was originally told the pairing was Enchi x Mojave Cypress but since found out the Enchi also had Blaze!
Any help/advice would be great.
Thanks!

2 Likes

You might need better lightning in a different photo like natural light, but here is a photo of one from morph market it looks slightly lighter but very close to yours

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/pythons/ball-pythons/292851

Cypress can be a bit subtle when combined with Enchi but there are a couple traits that are fairly consistently expressed and I am not seeing them. A better pic might help me to re-evaluate but the breeder’s pic I found did not much change my evaluation

1 Like

1 Like

I am not really seeing Cypress in there.

When in combo, Cypress tends to produce what Outback like to call “ocelli” down the dorsal, which I have highlighted here on one of my animals:

While Enchi tends to result in fewer of them, they are still present in all of the ones I have seen. Your animal does not display any of these

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply but I don’t see any ‘ocelli’ in that proven male either?

Highlighted

2 Likes

Seen! Thanks for your help

2 Likes

@xrconstrictors I think this is definitely a Cypress Enchi. I made one last year and it looked exactly like yours…yours may be just a tad cleaner. Until you produce some and you have enchi’s to compare to these you would definitely think they are just enchi

1 Like

@hinglesherps yes pretty much everyone I have contacted to ask has said it’s Enchi Cypress. Going to have to wait a couple years before breeding her to find out for sure though! I have a nice Enchi Mojave Fire waiting in the wings :smiley:
Thanks again guys!

1 Like