Enclosure Ball Python

Hello everyone It been awhile since I’ve been on here. Just a update I’m recovering from knee surgery from this past week.

Looking into getting a Ball Python before the end of the year. What’s is a good display enclosure with all accessories? I probably will start with a female.

Trying not to break my pocket.

1 Like

Having just completed a rather large and complicated build, I will forewarn you that there is no “cheap” when you are putting together an enclosure. Even a Spartan one will be the cost of the cage itself plus the lighting plus the heating plus the thermostat plus the bedding plus the shipping for all of that

For a female, I would say your minimum should be a 120cm x 60cm x 60cm

My go to for cages is BlackBox, they have good prices and the best turnaround time out there. They offer a fair amount of customization as well

1 Like

For an adult female, I wouldn’t go smaller than a 4x2x2. But for the best enclosure, it depends. Is your house relatively humid (as in 45-60%)? If so, then you may want to look into Dubia.com enclosures. I really like mine as even though it is big, it is very lightweight and very affordable. I mention the weight as I think that can be a good and bad thing. The good things are it is cheaper to ship and is easy to move around. One of the reasons this is so important to me is that as I am in high school, in a couple years when I graduated, I am going to most likely be moving relatively frequently and I need something easy to move. The downside is that the pvc is relatively thin and is much less durable than normal 1/2 pvc. But this really shouldn’t be much of an issue as long as you arn’t purposely trying to break it. It does have a screen top so that is why I mentioned your houses humidity.

If you live in a drier place, something like blackbox, kages, custom reptile habitats, or other more customizable enclosures may be the better option

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I found a company in Wake Forest Nc Top Tier Caging.

I found my enclosure with a local guy who was at the reptile fair near me. Mid price but very well made

1 Like