Enclosure help

Do you think my enclosure needs anything else? Has two real plants and one fake. Two pieces of cork bark, some big leaves on the bottom. She practically lives in the cork going from one side of the cage to the other. Or under the big leaf up front where she’s hiding now lol she has also been starting to stay in her plant. I just feel like the one side of the tank needs more.

4 Likes

I’m no expert on Crestie setups but yours looks great to me! But there are some experts here may or may not have suggestions for you.

But I will say you certainly have a lucky little girl! :heart::star_struck:

1 Like

Oh thanks so much! This is the first time doing a bioactive setup and I’ve been stressing over it :joy:

1 Like

it looks great! I would add some more branches throughout the enclosure and leaves to the bottom. Another thing I would recommend is getting a pothos and replace the fake plant with it. Pothos is very cheap even in large amounts and is pretty much bomb proof. They also grow really quickly and are very easy to propagate. Other than that it looks great!

What size enclosure is? It looks to be an 18x18x18 inch enclosure if I am not mistaken. You will need an upgrade to a 18x18x24 inch enclosure once she has reached 25-30 grams

2 Likes

Ahhhh well there are definitely some bioactive experts here! I see @logar Logan replying right now! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you,yes! It is 18 x 18 x 18. I do plan on upgrading the size when she gets bigger! I have an expo coming around soon I was going to try and go and see what I could find! I might have to look online for the plant, the local shop I go to hasn’t been able to get any in so the choices have been pretty limited for now. I appreciate your input!

3 Likes

Assume she’s young? X

Defo needs more horizontal branches, I’d go fully live planted.

Any isopods and springtails in substrate? X

1 Like

Yes she’s young. Still pretty small, around 8-9 months I believe. Isopods and springtails are in there. I’ll have to look into getting more branches as well, thank you !

2 Likes

I really love the enclosure, you’ve done well.

The enclosure looks a little on the small side, which ATM is okay. But you’ll likely need a bigger enclosure later on.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I am in the works of getting a bigger tank and getting it set up for when she gets a bit bigger.

2 Likes