Enigma Afghan

This is a very rough website in the making.
This is some updated information on Afghanicus Enigmas. It’s been a 5 year study with Afghanicus Enigmas, soon to be adding Turcmenicus.

Morph Talk 4 You

2 Likes

If you have info about any morph to add, Morphpedia is the place. :blush: I can’t quite remember how to submit information… @eaglereptiles , @lumpy can you remind me?

3 Likes

I will look that up as well! Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re welcome, and welcome to the forum as well!

Wave Reaction GIF

1 Like

Here is one of our melanistic hyper xanthic Mack snow Processing: D6A88209-3C22-4BF4-A848-4C6327F4F217.jpeg…
afghanicus enigmas. No symptoms of ES. Eats live.

1 Like

You can either search for the Morphpedia master article on here and leave a comment, or use the “Click here to contribute feedback” button on each Morphpedia article.

3 Likes

I will try to add that as well! We are still doing research on the afghanicus enigma. But also looking to add Turcmenicus. It may be a morph that ends up being a “standalone” but so far not as many issues as there was back then, number wise. But we haven’t added Turcs yet. We also think inbreeding…… especially mass amounts (similar to super snows” is bad, and has a HUGE negative impact on the morph itself. I think it’ll take a very very very long time for the public to maybe look past the enigma morph itself and start looking at the issues with breeding practices in general…. More ingredients isn’t always better and multiple line breeding or inbreeding isn’t helping any morphs either. I’m ok with this and what the public thinks…. I will be adding turcmenicus in spring 2024 to diversify even more.

We don’t inbreed past the 3rd gen. After that we stop and breed to an entirely different gecko. So 3rd gen is our cutoff limit. We are looking at turcs from Canada or Switzerland. Since unfortunately many geckos here in the US are results are the BIG chain breeders…… adding geckos like this to this project I feel would greatly hinder and ruin what I have, considering they all have blood from Germany. Inbreeding here is kept to a bare minimum, if at all