Esperanza's laying too!

It’s clearly my lucky day! This is the first time I’ve had two females lay on the same day. BrightHope has never been a large scale operation, and I only did five pairings this season. Esperanza and Tulip were not bred the same week but they’re individuals with their own time tables. I am not positive she’s finished, but when I checked Esperanza before bed, I found her with 11 or 12 big eggs. These are sired by Artephius so I’m extra happy tonight.

7 Likes

Wow, that’s cool, lucky you! Those ones look really good too.

5 Likes

Thanks! I would’ve said 22 was my lucky number but I may need to revise that, lol. Tonight I am very happy indeed.

3 Likes

great to see healthy eggs! Esperanza and Tulip both deserve the best feeders you have to offer for all their hard work! (not that they didn’t deserve the best before LOL)

3 Likes

So true! Tulip has graciously accepted a small breakfast. I’ll wait until this afternoon for Esperanza, but she did have a drink this morning.

2 Likes

Esperanza’s empty now. She laid 18 beautiful, healthy eggs! When I checked on her last night I must’ve disturbed her enough to cause her to relocate by a few inches. This morning I found her with her pseudo-double clutch.:wink:

5 Likes