Ever seen anything like this?

5 Likes

I bought all the females from this clutch 3 years ago. this female started normal. as time went on turned into this gorgous black snake before you. i got a first clutch out of her this year. pretty normal looking color babys with very odd side patterns and of course anery which i was guessing. just looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience?

3 Likes

Can’t really help for this type, but a lot of different morphs (most species) tend to change as they get older. I would be interested to see what someone who deals with these have to say. It is a very good looking snake.

2 Likes

And welcome to the community. You will like it here and tons of good/expert advice.

2 Likes

I haven’t kept KSB in about 15 years so unsure if anything like this is a known trait. With that said, she is really cool and something is definitely going on. Seems similar to the IMG genetics in Boa Imperator.

4 Likes

ty I really have no idea what is going on here. I would love to figure it out.

1 Like

Would gentic testing be worth it?

1 Like

I would recommend you breed it and try to prove it out. Hopefully it’s not a fluke animal and it’s genetic.

1 Like

Sample baby. This is her first clutch

3 Likes

She had 17 healthy baby’s and about 3/4 clutch came out like this. Sisters clutch’s all normal and rest of the clutch all normal. Classics and anerys.

2 Likes

That side patterning is interesting. This is making me want to get some KSB again.

2 Likes