Everything went wrong

So I decided to cut the clutch on day 56 which clearly wasn’t a mistake or maybe it was? I cut it because the tops of the eggs were almost brittle even though the humidity was high and there was orange mold growing on all of the eggs. I made a small cut in each eggs so the could stick their heads which one did the next day. It was alive initially but died about two hours later. The second baby crawled all the way out and died about six hours later. The third baby was already gone when I had first cut the egg so I opened it and it was completely deformed. The last two babies are still alive and well so that’s a plus. The pairing was a Calico Enchi Spinner Yb Prob. OD Poss. het Pied X a Normal I believe. I’ll post pics of them when I get home.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear this. Really hope the last two survive and are healthy and strong

4 Likes

I hope so too.

3 Likes

How they doing?

3 Likes

Well I’ll be home in about two hours so I’ll give ya’ll updates then.

3 Likes

What morphs do they look like possibly? I know they haven’t shed yet.
Uploading: 8C3AA31F-FA6F-4857-9EDA-83116E60772F.jpeg…
Uploading: DB42D3E1-FDD0-4F67-9301-FE0C651DB4FE.jpeg…
Uploading: F955C68F-14FE-4C22-8864-E108E43CA368.jpeg…

1 Like

Here’s a few more
Uploading: D850220A-B22E-47D0-B3D0-7152F8F46ECC.jpeg…
Uploading: CD2F0053-E137-4665-9CB6-4806E4B87C92.jpeg…
Uploading: 3BD3FC0B-920E-416F-8C80-D333FBFDDF0E.jpeg…

1 Like

I think the pics are still loading

Doesn’t look like the pics uploaded at all — might have to try again

1 Like

Just make sure the pictures are loaded before you post (at the right they’ll show in the preview and the loading at the bottom will reach 100% and then disappear).

1 Like

That seems like a bug to me, one that could easily be fixed (by me, potentially). The best way is probably to add a disabled attribute to the Reply button element while uploads are processing. Easy peasey, lemon squeezey. Is there an official place to report software defects, @staff ?

I would love to see the shots of this clutch. I’m sorry the cutting didn’t work out with the first two, OP.

3 Likes

Hmm I just tried to do upload them again and it wouldn’t work

1 Like

1 Like

There we go

Unfortunately it looks like those babies are severely underdeveloped. Did they absorb there egg sac? You can tell they needed more time in the egg by the size of the head and neck. And if they are out of the egg it would be best to move them onto damp paper towels in a clean sterile tub

2 Likes

Well the dark one absorbed it’s whole yolk and the light one is still in its egg partway absorbing its yolk. The dark one is 41 grams but I haven’t weighed the other one yet

1 Like

Kinda hoping it’s a OD Enchi Calico? Looks a bit too dark tho :sweat_smile:

Don’t see calico unfortunately.
Lovely Royal though :blush:

Both are on the small side. Hopefully you can get them both established but I personally would be keeping on close eye on these two.

3 Likes