Exact match option

I think an exact match option would be great in the advanced search options. That way if I want to search only blackhead leopard, that is the ONLY results I get. It doesn’t seem to matter how many or few genes I select, I still get matches I don’t want. Thanks!

4 Likes

I think that’s a great idea.

1 Like

If people labeled things correctly it would go a long ways towards refining results.

3 Likes

There is a way to get that. I will attach screenshots of how to do that.

Just make sure that your trait number count only contains the number of traits you want to include as in picture two where it says minimum two and maximum two

3 Likes

You’re definitely right about that!

2 Likes

The problem is a lot of breeders mis label the genes in the actual genes listed and in the heading they’ll have the 4 or 5 genes it actually is.

They’re manipulating the search results to get their snakes in on searches they wouldn’t have. Off the top of my head I know a certain breeder does it but he’s not alone by any means.

I don’t know how you make people be honest with their inputs so that you get more valuable organic results, but it’s the biggest problem have with the search engine.

1 Like

I know I’ll quite often see breeders label hets as visuals (example: I look for visual clowns, and get het clowns in the results because the breeder listed it as visual instead of het even though in the title/description it is listed as a het) …. It’s kind of annoying when I’m looking for specific individuals

I wonder if people should start reporting ads like that since they are purposely manipulating the search system to get their animals seen :thinking:

3 Likes

You definitely should report them!
If you see ANYTHING that seems off, report it. :blush:

3 Likes

Definitely! It needs to be as accurate as possible and with no additions just so it gets pulled up in other searches. Honesty, ppl. I have had this, too. It’s really frustrating!

1 Like