Examples of Super RBE Pastel?

I was playing around with the MM calculator and one of the outcomes was a super RBE pastel (normal and conda). Does anyone have an example for this genotype? :smiley:

2 Likes

Have you check MorphMarket for it? Change availability to any and see what shows up

2 Likes

So I just checked and RBE pastel is a dominant trait. that means that a super RBE pastel looks the same as a normal RBE pastel, but when it is bred it will produce all RBE offspring. so visually, there is no difference between them. Also welcome to the community!

3 Likes

As @logar said, being dominant, there is no visual difference between the homozygous and heterozygous forms.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @shelleywalker Shelley! We are glad to have you here! It’s a great place for questions and answers! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ah! Ok. Thank you! I am biology teacher and teach genetics but " Me no speak-a de hoghose language - yet! " haha

THANK YOU for the warm welcome. I am so happy to be here! S

2 Likes

I couldn’t help but laugh at that :rofl: You are going to fit in here perfectly

3 Likes

Oh yeah @shelleywalker you are going to fit perfectly in this forum! :sunglasses:

1 Like

You mentioned conda so when you say super RBE pastel do you mean a superconda RBE pastel?
As the others have already explained pastel is dominant so it will always be visual if present. Unfortunately I am not familiar enough with pastel to tell you what its traits look like.
Conda, or Anaconda, if you are also referring to that is an incomplete dominant gene. So if a snake has it, it will always show visually but the gene expresses differently in its homozygous state than it does with a single gene. The Anaconda gene fades or deletes the hognoses pattern. With a single gene Conda you will see any variation of larger, more isolated saddles, faded sides, solid bellies, or very faint, small saddles. The homozygous superconda creates a virtually patternless, naked snake save for the head stamp. But then you can get into red/purple lines with deep saturation and get a really cool dorsal stripe on an otherwise patternless snake!
I love condas :grin:

2 Likes