Expert opinion please

If you believe that your not going to be ripped off I’d say take up the offer. Try and find the seller in FB or Instagram and on here also. It’s a bargain if it works out.

Meeting up with the seller on Monday morning at a Publix parking lot. Keep yall posted.

1 Like

Good luck! I love Craigslist scores. I’m completely cool with others automatically dismissing CL. I’m happy to chase the deals.

2 Likes

I’d say there’s pastel in there from the headstamp alone but for $500 that’s a nice deal either way if you’re able to use him in the future. If it turns out to be a female you just won a small lottery! Be safe out there. There are sellers out there like this, with tons of different scenarios for letting something go under market value, especially with Covid…just protect yourself, like your doing meeting in a park long lot. Bring a buddy too if possible. $500 isn’t chump change to everyone…

1 Like

I wasn’t planning on getting another BP. Was looking to score more deals on enclosures. But I saw ad and I looked to see the value of the BP on MM, knew it would be too good to pass up.

1 Like

This is not accurate. A Banana from a female-maker would most likely be female… A Banana from a female Banana has a 50/50 chance of being male… Without knowing the pairing you cannot assume it is male

2 Likes

I don’t mean scientifically speaking. I mean the ones you run into for sale are 9 times out of 10 male (since breeders either keep females or they are extremely expensive), and if it is cheap then its chances of being male is pretty high. If I were to go around and gather all the banana BPs you see on Craigslist that people are rehoming, I would bet most (if not all) would be male. OP still shouldn’t probe if they haven’t been shown how.

3 Likes

Well. Picked up this little beauty this morning with no issues.!
20200831_101302|375x500

Only thing I need to buy asap is a thermostat for the uth. Didnt ask if they used one or not because I didn’t want them thinking I was judging. I’m going to “borrow” one from one of my other enclosures that is using it for the che for the mean time.

As far as sexing goes, I do not know how to probe or pop to verify sex. Only seen vids, and don’t want to attempt without someone experienced and when they are a little bigger.

He told me the BP is very food aggressive when its feeding time and is on F/T mice. Going to try and swap to F/T rats. He is 4 months and 143g. Doesnt look thin i think.

5 Likes

yes, male or female, do not go alone to meet them and do not bring your cash with you to the first meet up.

From the money stand point not many people would get rid of a $1800 female for $500 only within weeks of acquiring it, now selling something for $500 that is priced at around $650, definitely not unusual.

So I would say it is a safe bet to assume it is Male.

You know the old saying about assuming. I rather be 100% sure. No offense. I watched a vid of Chris Hardwick where he said he bought some ball pythons and was told they were female. Then he tried to pair with one of his known breeder males and the whole rack was shaking cause it turned out the ball python he bought was actually male and I’m guessing they were fighting.

1 Like