Extra heating or not?

I just moved to a new home and the room where I keep my 5 gargoyle gecko’s is just below the recommended temps. I’ve read the temps must be between 72-78 degrees fahrenheit (22-25 degrees celcius).
This room is between 68-72 degrees (20-22 celcius).
I have my baby gecko’s in tubs and my adult ones in an tank.
Would you use extra heating for those couple degrees or not?

Picture of my baby gecko for tax

5 Likes

I would say yes, because that is not just a few degrees. That’s quite significantly lower than the recommended amount when talking about reptiles.

1 Like

I have a reptile ‘outhouse’ and as it’s starts getting cold in there we turn the electric heater on.
The room itself can be around 18/19 and we don’t worry too much as all vivs are perfect. But as it drops lower going in to winter that’s when it gets turned on as we know they’ll start dropping temp then.

What’s gradient in temp do you know? What’s the bottom and what’s the top? Bottom is usually lower in temp.

1 Like

Yea I thought so too. I’m not used to using heating for my gecko’s, my other house kept the heat in better.
Now to look for the type of heating and buy a thermostat!

2 Likes

Electric heaters work well. As said above we heat the whole outhouse up with one in the winter :blush:

2 Likes

I would say wait to hear from @ghoulishcresties because she has wonderful information.

1 Like

Lol I was writing you name :joy:

2 Likes

Just checked the tubs. Bottom was 22 degrees, ledge on top 23. So its at the lower end of the recommended temps.
Might go looking for an electric heater.

3 Likes

Yeah I definitely would!
Bottom Atleast 23 is ok with top higher I’d say.

2 Likes