Facebook Bans Hit MorphMarket Business Page

Facebook is absolutely ridiculous. They just took the big FBI group, so now years of reporting scammers and giving good reviews of breeders, vendors, and others in the industry are GONE. If you even discuss the buying and selling of live animals, you’re gone. They also are removing groups for getting too many angry and sad reacts, which isn’t even based in content.

3 Likes

They took down the FBI page? Omg really? What have they become a fascist governing body? I heard though recently that PETA purchased part of Facebook and is the one running off those that are selling animals. I don’t know if it’s true or not and I don’t like spreading unfounded rumors but it would seriously make a lot of sense considering what’s been going on. I’ll have to do some investigating to see how far I can dig into this rumor and prove it true or false.

4 Likes

Wow that’s a sin. Years of reviews down the drain.

I’m sure the admins are fighting it, but I have yet to see any reptile group get their group back in this massive purge Facebook is doing, it’s really sad. The big genetics identification group made a backup group and has been forced to really crack down, YASMB and their genetic identification group both got taken down this past week… and people still decide to make sales posts despite it being clearly stated all over most groups now that it will get the group taken down. Some people just don’t care, unfortunately, like a guy in Colorado the other night who was demanding $120 or he would release his ball pythons into the wild that night. Pretty sure people responded by reporting him to authorities local to him.

I don’t know what’s wrong with Facebook lately, but I’m glad we will always have MorphMarket. The FBI group was easily one of the best resources for the reptile community online.

3 Likes

Mark Zuckerberg is to Facebook, what Sam Walton was to Walmart. Once they die, or lose complete ownership, the whole thing just goes to crap.

1 Like

This now makes sense why I haven’t gotten any help with an ID I was working on. I really appreciated there help now and again. just getting started with sales and have not tried to post anything for fear of being shut down as well.

1 Like

Update

About 5 or so days later, we started posting ads again and haven’t had any problems since. I was never able to contact anyone to discuss it but we should be okay posting this on our own business page. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Update on my end as well:

It took like a month, but the major FBI group has been restored, including all past posts (I believe). I have not heard of any other group being restored at this time, and I am not sure how the FBI group appealed and overturned Facebook’s decision.

3 Likes

@joob it’s been deleted permanently now