False Water Cobra with a puzzle!

False Water Cobras are incredibly smart. Watch this adult female figure out the puzzles to get a variety of tasty treats!

10 Likes

Awesome! I expect we’ll start seeing a lot of people doing this with different species. @creaturesofnightshade posted a video a while back with an Indigo doing the same puzzle. They’re available on Amazon, I may get one just to see which species I keep will and won’t figure it out. I’m would expect most species that are active hunters to be able to solve this, but you never know until you try.

3 Likes

That was really neat! I keep thinking about making a plexiglass puzzle to try with my snakes and record the time it takes them to reach the end each week and see if there’s improvement.

2 Likes

I would do this if I had any colubrids. I do hope to get a small breeding trio of bamboo rat snakes in a little while, possibly :grin:.

1 Like

What are they called? I can’t seem to find these.

2 Likes

Search for Nina Ottosson. She makes a variety of them. Search Enrichment Puzzle for more variety.

2 Likes

I found them. Once I get a snake that could do this I’ll try it. Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

I just searched puzzle feeder on chewy and found this one

2 Likes

I bought one of these for my cat and she couldn’t even manage to get one treat out! Lol. Goes to show reptiles are way more intelligent than a lot of people give them credit for. I love this!

1 Like

How cool!! I’m not surprised that a hunter is smart. I’m more surprised that it has taken is humans so long to give these puzzles to our snakes… :laughing:

1 Like