Fat tail gecko white socks?

So I have a Whiteout Zulu 66% het Oreo, I’m wondering if it’s actually a Whiteout Zulu ‘white socks’ 66% het oreo…Done some research so wanted others opinions. As it’s obviously not a het for it as it’s visual? So assuming it is a white socks? I have an Amel so I’m used to just him, used to own a striped and a caramel also. So this crazy combo is new to me :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

That’s awesome, I didn’t even know white socks existed! It reminds me a lot of the pied Total eclipses/Galaxies in leopard geckos.

3 Likes

Cool…I expected to see teeny tiny home made socks on a Gecko lol

4 Likes

I didn’t until researching to be fair! Then saw there’s white a few in America!
Oh they’re amazing looking! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Haha don’t tempt me!
I was given a bloody harness when I brought an Exo few months back… :woman_facepalming:t2::sweat_smile:
Unsure why but the woman thought of could come in handy… :grimacing:

1 Like

Kind of like him? Do you know if he will keep the pied markings or will lose them as he gets older? Or will they turn black from his black night?

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly the sort of thing I meant! :blush:

Insofar as I know, the pattern should stay the same. I have zero experience with Black Nights, or any hypermelanistic leos, but I’ve heard several breeders say that they can have major fluctuations in color with age. I don’t really know how the Mack Snow & Black Night tend to interact. :thinking:

2 Likes

Here she is now.
Can’t wait til she’s grown and her final colour!

4 Likes

Wow she is breathtaking :star_struck:

1 Like

white socks were the only other thing apart from amels many moons ago.
I had amel, amel stripe, white out, oreo and zero. I only have skunk stripe get amel trio these days.

2 Likes

I can’t even find another white socks or het now!
Took me 2+ years to find my Amel female too.
Oh how times have changed now! The amount of morphs still amazes me!

2 Likes

I know it was all kinda at once with them
nice geckos

3 Likes

Incredibly beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful looking fatty! As far as im aware the "white sock " is not a gene in itself. It does tend to pop up I’ve noticed with whiteout and whiteout combos sometime, you rarely see it in other genes besides amel. I have seen a few Oreo white socks as well but not many. But from my personal experience its just a random occurrence. I have popped out some white sock whiteouts and white sock whiteout Zulus from a few of my breedings they have no relation to each other. I do tend to noice if white socks are in the lineage then more tend to pop up (possibly). But as far as Im aware you can not take normal baby offpsring from a visual white sock and then breed them together to produce visual white socks the same way you would like a het oreo x het oreo. I know the breeding calculators show white sock as a real gene but I would not consider it until more work has been done to prove that it can toss white socks the same way as the other genes work.

Hope this information helps, thank you!

2 Likes

Thankyou for all that.
I’ve been looking into it a lot since I got her, and looked at breeders with it, it it a recessive so they’ve said. And so they’ve proved also. So that’s why I’ve been looking for a het or white socks.
But if they randomly can Chuck them out I’m happy too! As I think it’s pretty darn cute! :grin:

1 Like