Favorite Pop Culture Reptiles

Dating myself a bit, but I always enjoyed the yapping noise Dino made when Fred Flintstone would come home from the quarry. I have a boxer now who greets me in a very similar fashion!

5 Likes

Man, making me feel old that i have to bring up dratini, dragonair, and charizard. And why is there no love for godzilla here? SMH :P.

As for my personal favorite, i would say it has to be Haku from Sprited Away. Call it a cop out answer, but hes a gosh danged dargon. 3 of my favorite animals combined, snake/dragon/wolf. Perfection.

5 Likes

Snivy, turtwig, rayquaza, Giratina, Dialga, palkia, Dragapult (refused to play sword and shield but I love some of the dragons from that Gen), Eternatus. Dragon types in general. Dragons would be very closely related to reptiles if they were real.

I was considering making my own post to see how much correlation reptile keepers have to playing Pokémon, so this was a given that I’d hop on this thread as soon as I seen it!

I have a follow up question for this thread since it’s related.

How many users here have played Pokémon growing up or still continue to play Pokémon?

Since allot of people here love color mutations of reptiles, how many love shiny hunting in Pokémon for that rare color mutation?

2 Likes

I played it a lot more as a child, but I still dabble a bit, and I do a lot of shiny hunting. I’m usually not very successful at it though. The rarest thing I’ve caught was a shiny dratini.

2 Likes

Shiny hunt - yes

Played pokemon from pokemon yellow to still going

3 Likes

When i was a kid, back in the day, I liked the cartoon charactor Wally Gator.
295x400

6 Likes

Funny enough Haku is a name I’m considering for my newest Crestie.
I also have Haku and Chihiro on the list of tattoos waiting to be done :laughing:

3 Likes

It is and has always been my favorite movie! Ive watched it more times than i can count since childhood. Would definitely make an awesome piece of tattoo art!

3 Likes

Say what?! I love that one and my neighbor Toroto.

3 Likes

Charmander from Pokémon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I still watch it now, and it’s now on Netflix so I’m very happy. And now to get the daughter onto them all! :grin:

3 Likes

In the most recent game Legends Arceus, I currently have 64 shinies. My hardest to get shiny of all time had to be soft resetting for Poipole in Sun and Moon

2 Likes

Damn, 64 shinies!? That’s a lot! It think throughout all the games I’ve played I’ve only ever caught 10.

3 Likes

I am the very young generation, so I have played Pokemon Go! :joy: When I was a little kid I would collect the cards and I had almost 5,000 of them… I have since gotten out of the Pokemon trade.

2 Likes

For me I gotta say
Rexy off Jurassic Park franchise

And I Use d to watch Wild Kratts and the black mamba off wild kratts

5 Likes

I really like all of the Jurassic park movies. I used to have them all memorized haha

2 Likes

I’m too old for Pokémon or most of the “pop culture” today. I was years out of college before any of it even started.

Like this old… anyone else?

latest

Gotta agree w the OG TMNT and Anaconda w Cube. Funny story, I actually spent a night partying w him after a concert in my area w Korn over 20 yrs ago. I made a $30k piece of jewelry for him for his wifes Bday and when I delivered it he was like “hey hangout for awhile”. Crazy night TY Mr. Jackson.

4 Likes

Oh my god! Rikki was my favorite movie growing up!!!

1 Like

Yea! Definitely Godzilla and the dinosaurs from the first power rangers.

1 Like

What about The Land Before Time?

2 Likes