Favorite Pop Culture Reptiles

What are your favorite reptile(s) in pop culture? For me, it’s gotta be Treecko, Turtwig and Snivy. I’m not much of a Pokémon player anymore, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for the middle three generations, especially gen 5. The gen 3 games were the first Pokémon games I played growing up, and then next came gen 4 and 5 obviously. Anyways, enough rambling, tell me what yours are!

7 Likes

I always loved the snake-like and reptile-like Pokémon too.

Not really ‘pop culture’, but as a kid, I always really loved the book Verdi:

It has really cute, really realistic illustrations and a nice story. And I really liked that it portrays snakes in a positive light.

12 Likes

I’ve never seen that before, but it looks absolutely ADORABLE

2 Likes

Bulbasaur if he counts!! :rofl:

4 Likes

I think he counts. I think he’s supposed to be some sort of turtle dinosaur with a flower on his back. So basically a reptile lol

4 Likes

Yay!
He’s been my fav since I was a child. Never stopped loving him haha.

4 Likes

Same here but with the aforementioned treecko.

3 Likes

As a child, I always loved Yoshi. And even now I think he’s super cute.

7 Likes

Ooh that’s a good one. I always loved Yoshi too, especially the baby ones!

4 Likes

His melm noises :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Here’s one of my favorite reptiles from pop culture. Also the Geicko gecko and any reptile from Jurassic Park.

5 Likes

Kaa from the jungle book!

5 Likes

TMNT gotta be toward the top for me!

7 Likes

Golisopod is my favorite pokemon and he may not be a reptile but he’s probably an invert maybe? :thinking:

but then there’s this boy :laughing:

6 Likes

GEICO gecko. Also, a fun fact is his name is Martin :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If I ever get a giant day gecko, I’m naming him Martin now after the geico gecko.

4 Likes

Yes! It is also a super cute name for a gecko. I figured that his name was Martin in a Google dropdown question it gives you when you search :slight_smile: Very surprisingly, it was the FIRST thing that came up when I searched up “geico gecko”. :joy:

3 Likes

@bughunter07 i was thinking the geico gecko as well lol

I also like Toothless (how to train your dragon), Crush (finding Nemo), Rango (rango), Kermit (muppets), and Pascal (tangled)

4 Likes

Yes! Toothless, Pascal and Rango are also great. I watched all of these movies on repeat as a kid :joy:

2 Likes

Mine was either Warturtle from Pokémon or Spike from Land Before Time.

6 Likes