Favorite reptile continent

What continent would you say has the majority of the reptile you like? I’ll go first. As some of you probably already know, Australia.

4 Likes

Dbcb exotics

3 Likes

Asia probably

2 Likes

I am rubbish with geography, continents and all that.
So I’ll just say, New Caledonia is where Cresties are from so there’s mine :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good ole North America. I’m pretty partial to our own colubrides.

And New Caledonia too.

2 Likes

Asia or Africa. Australia has some really cool ones but I’ve got to have either my ball or burm pythons

1 Like

Australia 100%

I’m the type of person who has to look things like this us, so I can now tell you that New Caledonia is on the northern edge of a 93% submerged continent called Zealandia. New Zealand is in the middle of Zealandia, for context. It separated from Australia approximately 85-60 million years ago. So much for my elementary geography telling me there were only seven continents.

4 Likes

I am pretty partial to N America. Indigos, bull snakes, king snakes, hognoses, all the pit vipers.

3 Likes

Going with north America or Mexico

2 Likes

I did have a look up after I must say.
Was never good at Geography in school :joy:
I still ask the other half where places are now as I haven’t a clue :grimacing:

1 Like

Obviously, where boas are from lol :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, gonna say totally depends on the taxa involved. I wouldn’t be anywhere else in the world that the southern Appalachians for salamander diversity (we have the greatest number of species on the planet). Finally got my bucket list tuatara, both wild and in captivity, in New Zealand (got to hold a 24 year old female too, they feel squishy like a leopard gecko). New World tropics are pretty lit too. Australia is on my bucket list too, not just for herps but for birds (really want to see a cassowary - from a distance anyway).

North America, for sure. Sounds lame, perhaps, but I love rattlesnakes, indigos, anything lampropeltis, and copperheads. So naturally, I currently only own ONE of the above!

3 Likes

Let me guess, it’s either some sort of kingsnake or indigo snake?

Too right! Sasha is my MBK girl. Half looking for a boy for future hookups. Down the road…

3 Likes

Can I go to Australia with you? It’s my favorite too.

2 Likes