Feeding after Antibiotics

We were giving this girl antibiotics for what the Vet thought was an abscess tooth. She took her last shot yesterday morning. She was due to eat last weekend but I wanted to wait until after her last shot to feed her. I was planning on feeding her today but want to check and see if there was any reason I shouldn’t. Vets closed on Saturday.

3 Likes

Her body is likely still building up bacteria since antibiotics also kill beneficial bacteria. I would wait to feed so you don’t overload her body. She will be fine waiting another feeding or two to feed.

4 Likes

You know I was just about to post this same question for my boa who is currently getting antibiotics for a respiratory infection. I will wait to feed him now.

4 Likes

That boa in the photo is a little bit rotund anyway. I wouldn’t worry about feeding. A boa’s body should be shaped like a loaf of bread with nice flat sides. If the sides are getting round, it’s overweight.

1 Like

She’s on Xl rat every 3weeks for the last few months. She will be paired at the end of November so trying to get her weight up a little.We normally would feed her every 4 weeks.

1 Like