Finally Acquired My Dream Rattler (Mitchelli)

I’ll preface this by saying, I do rattlesnake relocation independently and for my county wildlife organizations. I’m an experienced Crotalus handler and always follow safe handling protocols. I’m very anti free handling so please keep any conversation here limited to proper safe handling.

1.0 Crotalus Mitchelli Pyrrhus - Southwestern Speckled Rattlesnake

As I will be using this guy for education he may seen across social media in an array of photos. All close ups are preformed with a selfie stick or a DSLR and zoom lenses. All handling is done single or dual hook. For relocating and safe handling I use only Get Hooked/Venom Life hooks and when tongs are required (on relocations only) I use Midwest.

26 Likes

Congratulations, he is breathtaking!

5 Likes

He’s so cool! I’m glad that you’re following safe procedures for hots.

4 Likes

Thank you! He is amazing. I can’t believe I finally got my hands one. I love my local rattlesnakes but they can’t hold a candle to how pretty this guy is.

I’m a little obsessed with him :joy:

Unfortunately for the venomous hobby, the bad guys are winning in popularity and I’m worried about where things are going.

5 Likes

I would love to one day get into venomous snakes but I don’t want all the shade that is assumed about the keepers. But I can see that you obviously are one to follow the safety guidelines.

5 Likes

Yeah, there’s a whole lot of people out on the hairy edge right now. It’s almost fashionable to be irresponsible thanks to YT :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Congrats he is awesome :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

That is a beautiful nope noddle🐍

4 Likes

Amazing Danger Noodle. Every time I go to a show with hots, I look hard at the rattle snakes. The only thing stopping me is that I am having difficulty finding anyone to teach me safe handling venomous .

4 Likes

He’s really gorgeous! And your emphasis on proper, safe handling techniques is terrific. It’s worrisome how many people are out there promoting the UNsafe.

It always makes my heart happy when responsible people promote education about these beautiful animals.

2 Likes

I applaud your responsibility :heart:

Shoot me a message and let me know where you’re located and I can try to find someone in your area.

YouTube causes me a lot of stress if I let it lol. I just have to avoid even accidentally seeing them. A couple of them really get me fired up…

4 Likes

Oh wow, he’s absolutely gorgeous. I especially love his eyes. His colouring and pattern are really beautiful too. He’d be virtually invisible in his natural habitat.

I’ve zero interest in keeping hots myself, but I really do love rattlesnakes. It’s always a treat when I get to see one in the wild (from a safe and respectful distance).

3 Likes