Finally I get these

Always wanted mandarins. I now have a pair of yearlings

29 Likes

Mandarin ratsnakes are so cool! Congratulations on getting them.

2 Likes

they are very cool. I hope to get better pics of them

2 Likes

Their pattern is so unique! Yellow with the black just on that kind of natural tone, is unreal.

2 Likes

yea it’s ace. I really like the red on them too

2 Likes

Totally aces! I am envious, but I will have them someday too. I actually prefer them with a very clean gray base color, but the red is nothing to sneeze at. They’ve been bred for high red for so long I feel like the clean off-white background ones have become harder to find.

An amazing snake, and very easy to care for, especially if one has a rich vein of patience.

2 Likes

Lovely snake :heart_eyes:. And a amazing national geographic worthy visual showcase of the snake as always Welsh!!

2 Likes

I myself do like the reds on these Sichuan. A friend bred them and was going to get some off him this year but one of his customers from last year was parting with them at a decent price too. She gave me a free Garter snake I couldn’t say no.
I would like to find some other locales to add in time too.

2 Likes

I will get some more photos but I don’t like disturbing them much

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! That is amazing I absolutely adore mandarins! Congratulations that’s beyond awesome!

2 Likes

I’m stoked with them

2 Likes

So this is a Sichaun province locale of the Mando rat snake huh…spicy just like Sichaunese cuisine.

If anyone is curious Sichaun is a province in south-west China. Its provincial capital Chengdu is sometimes called the Panda bear’s hometown. They also have a panda breeding facility there. Sichaun cuisine is known to be spicy and pungent. Kung Pao Chicken is apparently from this region.

4 Likes

I must admit I do like spicy hot hot

1 Like

I love spicy :hot_pepper: :hot_face: wings/food

1 Like

Then Sichaun style would be a form of Chinese cooking you might wanna try. They like their chilies and spices and such.

Also thanks for pointing out that the snake is from the region. I wondered where in China these old world corn snake cousins were from.

2 Likes

yes I’ve tried it from the takeaways here

I wouldn’t mind some more locale of these tbh

Absolutely stunning.

2 Likes

They simply are natural beauties
They are also rather docile and don’t bite, compared with the other Asians

2 Likes

Congrats!!
I got to hold an adult this past weekend at an expo, they are such awesome snakes. Their colors are stunning!

2 Likes

very secretive but do super in live planted set ups

2 Likes