Finally, the year's first pippy!

I’ve been waiting so impatiently for the past few days. Two clutches are on day 61, so not even running late, but still. Last night when I gently touched a few eggs to check the texture of the very dented eggs, the occupant of one pushed against my finger. Very cool, and I figured it wouldn’t be much longer.

At last, in the “Whose Clutch Emerges First Stakes” the winners are Baldr and Tulip - by a nose!

11 Likes

Yay! That’s a cute little nose! Can’t wait till more are pipping and out!

3 Likes

Yay! Congratulations on pippies!

3 Likes

Thanks!

Five little noses now! They’re all dark so far, no Amel morphs yet. There are 20 eggs in this clutch, so it should answer whether or not Baldr is het for Amel. One nose looks to me like either Caramel or Anery, which are equally likely. Of course, they’re all stripes. That’s about all I can tell at this point.

I’m wondering if Artephius and Esperanza’s clutch will start pipping by morning. She laid them at the same time Tulip laid hers. Tomorrow is going to be like Christmas. Can’t wait to see what I get!

7 Likes

So cute. Love how they blow bubbles.

4 Likes

Me too, especially when they’re covered in them. :smiley:

4 Likes

Best ever lol :joy:

3 Likes

If last night felt a bit like Christmas, this morning is…well, Christmas morning. The kind when you were a kid and your parents made you eat breakfast before you got any presents and you weren’t even hungry and it took forever and then you still had to wait until the cousins arrived…

But I did get a peek at some of the gifts whose packaging was coming loose. Seven little noses now. Nobody out past their eyes.

5 Likes

I love them! Can’t wait to to see more of their cute little faces!

3 Likes

Okay Riley, just for you! About half have pipped, several have emerged and promptly buried themselves in the moss. They really are pretty cute!

6 Likes

4 Likes

Oh, I love the look of the one in the second picture! I love grays! Maybe more pictures of that one lol :joy:?

3 Likes

That particular baby has disappeared for the moment. Will this one do?

5 Likes

Sure! They are all beautiful. Super happy to see that they are doing good.

3 Likes

I’ve got 19 of these beautiful Stripes set up individually. One is still a pippy rather than a hatchling, lol. There’s one Caramel Cube who I’m keeping for my Cube projects. One has a single cube about halfway down its body. One has a bit of random cubey type stuff. Sixteen are gorgeous, healthy, beautifully marked Stripes. Most Classics and Caramels are easy to distinguish now. I’m going to wait until they shed to sort who’s Anery or Anery Caramel. (Might need some help there, :thinking:)

4 Likes

5 Likes