Finding fixtures for Arcadia lighting

i am working on upgrading my UVB to use Arcadia bulbs. I am having a hard time finding fixtures for the bulbs. I know they need to accept HO T5 bulbs but really nothing else about the fixture for the light. I want to find something close to 12" 14" and 16" to place over particular inclosures. Any one have any ideas? Tips, tricks, advice, wisdom… I’m currently using the curly compact UVB bulbs.
Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

1 Like

@owalreptiles might have a few tricks up his sleeve around light fixtures, being a electrician.

Saltwater aquarium stores will generally have lighting fixtures… especially for T5 bulbs in various standard lengths.

2 Likes

Reptilebasics.com…and or grow lights. Jump start brand has a lot of HO T5 light fixtures from 18 inches to 4 foot, single bulb to 8 bulb, even single blub with timers build in…alot of indoor gardens rely on HO T5 so yeah grow light fixtures

2 Likes

https://www.reptilebasics.com/t5-light-fixtures/t5-ho-single-bulb-light-strip-24/

(Non-affiliated link)

I am currently using these with arcadia bulbs for all turtles. Unfortunately the timer turned the light off a millisecond before i snapped the pic

2 Likes

Wow,thanks for the information and links. I have 4 fixtures and bulbs ordered. I will also know to check out saltwater fish stores for more choices.
:snake:
PS @speakeasy_serpents I love your turtle setup. I have a male spinny softshell. Elvis has a indoor water feature, but I made his dock from eggcrate plastic and zip ties. Your dock is so much better.

3 Likes

Looks like they are already taken care of, but a common mistake ill see people make is getting a fixture with a T5 ballast and not an T5 HO Ballast, then wondering why it doesn’t work. Better off ordering from fish or grow stores not home depot in this case.

3 Likes

Thank you for your advice. That is exactly why I asked for help. I thought it might use a specific ballest, but was unsure how to make sure I was getting the right fixture.
I ordered several Arcadia kits, and a balast recommended for Arcadia type bulbs from Reptile basics online. (I was looking at Pangea, but most were out of stock)

2 Likes

@xamier most of my basking docks are egg crate and zipties, come cleaning time i can be a bit rough on them…so as they break I’ve been replacing them with milk crates and ½ inch pvc. Pvc cutters cost about 12 bucks for the pipe and a hacksaw blade make short work of the milk crate. No glue all the pvc is press fitted. If one of the fitting starts to slip, i run a small stainless steel screw into it. All in all its pretty easy to build, really strong, and easy to lift off the tank/tub when cleaning time comes

1 Like

Thank you so much. Elvis is heading for an upgrade. LOL soft shelled turtles get really big, even the males

Also a new feature I’ve been adding…a lamp post

This allows me to adjust the hight of my heat lamp
The grey bit is a 90 degree sweep bent found by the electrical conduit in any home improvement store. It holds the weight of the light much better than a 90 from the plumbing section. And that’s 1 inch pvc hose clamped to the side of the milk crate with ½ inch pvc slid into it. I can slide the lamp up and down to suite the season and I use a set screw to lock it in place

3 Likes