Finishing my rack

I am finally getting around to finishing my rack. Need to install heat tape, thermostat, wheels etc. Plug it in and let it warm up and see if it holds temps up to spec.! 20210525_140220|253x500

5 Likes

Sick, it looks great :+1:

1 Like

That’s awesome nice work!

1 Like

Thanks Guys. :grin:

1 Like

Ok, I have heat tape installed, thermostat, and have let it warm up.
I have 2 different temperature guns.
One can be used for people or objects like bottles. (White) The other is specifically for reptiles. (Blk) But it is not an expensive one… The probe is centered on the 4th slot down. I have thermostat set at 92 deg.
The small blk temp gun reads lower temps than the white gun. Which one should I go by?

1 Like

How close are they?

I just measured the 4th shelf. White read 96.4. Black one read 90. In the middle of tub in the back where it is sitting on top of the heat tape.

Are you getting close enough? Some of them you have to be right on top of it.

Approximately 2" above the tub. When I feel the tub with my hand it is not real hot or anything. I can keep my hand on it. The heat tape itself is kinda hot when I put my hand on it. This is on probe shelf #4. It also reads a lot hotter than the tub does.

The reading inside the tub and on the probe will probably be way different. Usually you have to set the thermostat higher to get the desired temperature. Base your temps off the reading inside the tub.

1 Like

Ok, I will check it again when I get home later tonight. I had to work 2nd shift today. Hopefully will go home at 10:30pm. If not it will be 12 hour shift.
:frowning:

1 Like