First ball python hatchlings ever/ Happy hatchling day to me 🤪

(7 eggs in 2 boxes, here is one box) the second picture is better light balanced.

Parents = Male: Alleged Supre banana, Pastel, 100%het clown. Female: Butter pastel.

By the first hatchling, doesn’t look like I had a super banana male, looks like a super pastel?.
What do you think. ?
either way excited happy hatchling day. :crazy_face:

14 Likes

Oh how exciting! BABIES!! They look beautiful!

1 Like

Congratulations!! First clutch you always remember how great it feels! The first head does appear to have some dark brown lines which suggest not super banana, may change after a shed, but even if they were just normals it feels awesome don’t it! Beware it is addictive to hatch out eggs, even after 100s it’s still so exciting! Congrats again on a job well done!

2 Likes

Thanks , I don’t care what they are your right, its exciting enough to have got this far.
But I’m hoping to find out if the father is a super banana by what the hatchling are.

2 Likes

congratulations nice cluch man well done

2 Likes

Congrats! Have they all crawled out now? Needing a picture fix badly.

2 Likes

LOL, 4/7 are out. give me a day and the rest should be out then I will have pics, they are looking pretty so far

3 Likes

@graysnake Still only 5 out the other 2 have pipt.

I will probably need an ID thread once they have shed and been sexed for some of them.

5 Likes

stunning clutch mate well done bet ya chuffed

1 Like

That is a gorgeous batch. Congrats again.

You say that two havent pipped yet. I know you had two tubs. Were they incubated at the same temp and time? I dont advocate cutting but the circumstances youre describing may warrant it if all incubation conditions were the same. I had my first clutch this year and when all others had pipped, one hadnt even made a cut in the shell. When I cut it, it was severely misdeveloped and probably lacked the egg tooth to cut. Best of luck on the last two. BTW, I meant to add that it looks like you may still prove out super banana. 5 for 5 on the ones that are out, are pretty strong odds.

1 Like

@bigt2022 Thanks, well chuffed :smiley:

They last 2 have piped now.
Yes, first time I was not prepared for the size of ball python eggs so used two tubs.
They were in a rack two tubs wide and the slower tub was near the outside side, so a fraction cooler.

That’s good. So are the other two banana as well?

Only tips of noses out but I will get a picture as soon as they show more.

2 Likes

Yaaay, congratulations on your first clutch!! :partying_face:

The babies that are out look absolutely beautiful. I can’t help at all with IDs, but I can still recognise pretty when I see it!

1 Like

WOW! They look gorgeous!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone :smiley:

Last 2 are out

4 Likes

Well I would say that, either you hit incredible odds or you have a super banana. Congrats on that either way. A very nice looking clutch.

1 Like

Yes they are beautiful regardless of hat they are. thanks
I am not so experienced with bananas. they can be dark or bright and vary a lot.
I can see the super pastels and Butters and bananas but that’s it for my first timer ball python experience.
Do you even think the Butter ones are Banana? I am not experienced enough for that.
Anyway, once shed I will take good pictures of each from above and make an ID thread.
Just interested in your opinion at this early stage with a few dogie pictures.
Maybe when i sex them better I will have a better idea.
i.e if I have obvious bananas (like the last 2) that are female then I have a Super male father.

Yes, I believe everything is Banana. The lightest one is the only questionable one, but Im pretty sure its super pastel lesser banana. I’ll let others chime in but thats my $0.02…

1 Like

If readers are wondering why there is no egg incubation substrate in my pictures,—
Its because I have an obsession with good hydration, (with little evidence other than humans in my heath care work)
Once hatched i wash them and place them in a plastic tub with water just below the the grating. Because the egg proteins can encourage bacteria and also dry out their skin…
That way their bodies are not in the water and remain dry but they have lots of humidity and they can reach water easily and its a more natural and instinctive position for them to go down for water rather than up and over in a bowl… Its not natural to go up and over a lip of a bowl for water. but down is natural.
If you look at the last picture above of the snake on the left you will see it a few days old hatchling drinking. I have seen this often with other snakes too. I think going up first to use a bowl is a bit of a learning thing.
Just my preference and with no evidence of need. But they did take the water…
For me, better the option to have easy access to water than no choice or less accessible water.
Snakes are hardy and can survive alot. but i am interested in optimal conditions, Any one is welcome to debate and educate me on this view.

2 Likes