First clutch eggs checkup question

So I have my first clutch of eggs in the incubator, I have left them alone not checked on them much to keep them in good shape but far left looks a little indented too much any tips or are they looking ok ? They were laid 1/16 so they are about 42 days along , far left one looks more indented into egg , is it too much condensation ? Should I use baking soda ? I cleaned off the seal wrap and put new on top so no condensation builds and drips.

Let me know your thoughts, it doesn’t smell or anything so I don’t think rotten still seems like a good egg but want them all to make it , any advice or tips or reassurance welcomed

4 Likes

Can you see baby moving inside the egg yet? It doesn’t look bad to me. I have watched video’s that have shown bad eggs. They usually look awful and start smelling. But, I haven’t had any clutches of my own yet.
Looks like the others have dents too.
Just not as much as the one on the end.

2 Likes

Yea this doesn’t smell or look bad but was hoping some other breeders could chime in probably paranoid with first set of eggs just want to make sure all go well or if anything I need to do , others look fine to me as well I’ve watched many videos and read much in preparation for this my first year of many breeding

1 Like

That all looks pretty normal to me. Denting is to be expected. It always amazes me just how dented a egg can look but still be perfectly healthy. I wouldn’t worry to much about it. As long as it still has veins when you candle the eggs.

4 Likes

Candle and make sure it’s still good. Check your humidity. And if all that’s good no worries.
Denting is normal especially as it gets closer to 55 days… they will indent more as you get closer to hatch date :heart:

1 Like

Double check the humidity. they may be desiccating. Denting is very normal about 2 weeks prior to hatch. Just double check your humidity, you’ll be alright.

1 Like

My advice is don’t check on them! Every time you open that your going to lose humidity and temperature. Both aren’t good! As long is your tub is holding humidity and incubator is holding temperature not much else you can do! Your eggs look fine to me. Once I put my eggs in the incubator I don’t open them a single time until day 50.

3 Likes