First clutch of 2021!

My first clutch of 2021, and my second clutch ever, was laid last night! The pairing was this Mojave Vanilla Sulfur female to a Super Pastel GHI 66% het Clown.

11 eggs, all with strong veins! The 4 that are in a separate container were just the ones that I could easily separate from the rest, but I did have to separate the top egg from the cluster in order to put the lid on lol. Once the eggs hatch, I will update this post with pictures! She also laid 11 eggs last year, so I was definitely not expecting it to happen again this year!

18 Likes

Wow, congrats on the big clutch! Can’t wait to see how they look when they hatch. Keep us updated!

3 Likes

Awesome congratulations!!! Can’t wait to see this gals babies!!! Always like it when it takes two egg tubs!!! 11 is a big clutch!

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m interested to see how they will look as well. I have an idea on how the Pastave Sulfur/Vanillas will look based on her last clutch, but it will be interesting to see what the Pastel GHI and GHI Mojave Sulfur/Vanillas look like.

3 Likes

I know, and it’s her second year in a row laying a clutch this size! I might be giving her a bit of a break after this lol, she has done really good work for me and she deserves a rest.

1 Like

I would!!! I never breed my females three years in a row.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a good idea! I have some other breeder size females now, and I will hopefully have another one or two by the end of the year, so I think it will be a good idea to let her rest for a while.

1 Like

The first baby has left the egg! I think it’s a really nice Pastel Sulfur/Vanilla?

I will post pictures of the babies once they come out, and then will make a new post after their first shed to get some ID help!

3 Likes

That’s pastel vanilla!

1 Like

Really? That’s awesome! I wasn’t planning on holding back anything from this clutch except some GHI combos, but I might just have to make some exceptions lol. Hopefully this is a female, but a male would be nice too.

1 Like

More babies came out their eggs today!

7 Likes

Oh my gosh they’re so adorable, congratulations :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you! There are still 6 left that need to come out

1 Like

What were you going for, like odds wise

I paired my Mojave Vanilla Sulfur to what I thought was a Super Pastel GHI 66% pos het Clown. I was trying to hit some GHI combos, but I didn’t get a single GHI in this 11 egg clutch, so I think he might just be a bright Super Pastel.

1 Like

Yeah no GHI I’m pretty sure it’s like a 0.05 chance for the whole cluch

1 Like

There are still some interesting looking babies in the clutch, so I’m not complaining too much lol. I hope he at least proves het Clown in the future, but you never really know.

They are for sure! Congratulations! The one mojave has some insane blushing!

2 Likes

It really does, I’m looking forward to seeing how it looks after a few sheds.

3 more are out, now only 3 left!

3 Likes