First ever clutch

It’s been a very long road. I got into ball pythons 20+ years ago and wanted to breed. I had a small collection of 7 snakes back then but some bad things happened, lost my apartment and had to sell my snakes. We kept our first girl, only to have my (now ex) inlaws kill her.
I gave up on my dreams.
Three years ago when I was in the process of buying my own house for the first time, my boyfriend and I had a conversation about dreams. I told him about ball pythons and genetics. He told me to go ahead and pick just a few snakes and we’d see how it goes.
We closed on the house, and started with 4 snakes…we now have 17 ball pythons, two more on hold, 6 corn snakes and a lot of other reptiles.
We started trying to breed a year and a half ago, but our first season our two girls reabsorbed. 6 girls are up to size for this breeding season and we saw our first ovulation in February, pre lay shed in March and our first clutch of 12 beautiful good eggs on April 2nd! We have had two more ovulations since!
First clutch Triton to leopard lemonblast. She was 3250 grams prior to laying, she’s now 2125 grams and she’s right back on food. We’re just so proud of this girl!

17 Likes

Congratulations fantastic sized clutch ,keep us posted on progress regards Tony

5 Likes

Congratulations!!!

5 Likes

Woop woop, thats ace. CONGRATULATIONS. thats a big clutch.

6 Likes

Congrats, and glad to have you back in the community! Keep us uodated and photos of course!

6 Likes

That’s awesome! Congratulations :tada::tada:

6 Likes

Key And Peele Nfl GIF

6 Likes

Super stoked to see those dreams come true!!

Can’t wait for the baby pictures!

4 Likes

Congratulations on a wonderful job well done! I’m old school but I think the harder you have to work towards a dream the more you’ll appreciate your success. I am not a breeder but I can still appreciate what goes into the process to produce quality animals. I have read enough success/failure stories here on MM to learn that you can’t just throw 2 random snakes together and that’s all there is to it.

All the gibberish being said lol, keep your dreams in your sight. You guys are on fire now with beautiful eggs just waiting to reveal some beautiful babies! And we demand pictures! :+1::sunglasses::wink::blush:

5 Likes

Thank you everyone! I will definitely post pictures of the babies when they arrive.

4 Likes

Two weeks of incubation and everything looks good (I’m only checking once a week, opening boxes every two weeks to keep condensation from dripping on eggs) I took a video and can see babies moving in the eggs!
I wish I could add the video, but don’t know how.

4 Likes

Good to hear! I may be wrong, but I thought you have to post a video on YouTube then post it on here from YouTube. I could be wrong, but I know the videos of the month have to be posted to YouTube first. Keep us updated, sounds like everything is going great!

6 Likes

Getting close to the finish line and so excited. As of Wednesday the eggs started to dimple a little bit day 55 is Saturday and I’m just a nervous wreck :rofl:
So far all the eggs look good… just waiting for faces to pop out

7 Likes

whoa large clutch,congratulations keep us updated regards Tony

6 Likes

Always chasing dreams and there is nothing more beautiful than seeing them come true!!
Congratulation :muscle:

8 Likes

First clutch. I know the feeling. It doesn’t really ware off with the others.
Happy new eggs day :smiley:

9 Likes

Congrats! I cant wait to see them hatched:0

8 Likes

Guyssss!!! We’re on day 57 and we got our first pip!

How long before the rest usually pip? So flipping excited!

12 Likes

Usually they will all pip within a day or two. This may or may not be true but if I don’t cut, or if some piped on there own and fully come out, I like to leave them in there with the eggs. The thinking is the other snakes will be more likely to come out if they sense others already have. Same reason I like all my eggs close together. Of course this isn’t scientifically proven and I will admit more of a superstition on my part! :joy:

7 Likes

Woo hoo! Pips away!!! :+1::blush:

6 Likes