First Expo Since Quarantine

Wow, that is wildly irresponsible

8 Likes

We will not be attending any type of gathering any time soon. I dont want covid, it causes permanent damage to your lungs, also my daughter is immune comprised, covid could easily kill her. We do not go anywhere unless it’s outdoors like hiking in less populated areas, meaning we avoid popular trails, if parking lot has more then 2 or 3 cars we move on find another. We mask up, and sanitize carts and hands, i also most times will use a paper towel on the handle. Bleach bath on the porch for your shoes. If I want a new reptile, I will have it shipped. It is incredibly reckless and irresponsible to gather in groups right now. The beach gatherings in Florida and California are huge factors in why those states are so bad.

4 Likes

I’m happy I’m not the only one who thinks that way.

3 Likes

I’ve decided not to attend the show tomorrow. I still would like to but even with precautions I feel like it’s not worth the risk. I hope everyone that does has a safe and awesome time. But seeing all the people posting about staying in hotels waiting to attend or how early and far they’ll be driving has turned me off. Tomorrow will be a long day.

So to cheer myself up I bought a newly posted today 2020 hatch and my first Male added into my collection from none other than OZ

I go pick him up Sunday. Ivory, het desert ghost :slight_smile:
Cheers Stay Safe

5 Likes

We have gone way of track here, this is a reptile forum not a medical forum so let’s stay focused, it’s not about covid 19 how to prevent it or the science behind mask or social distancing.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I understand that this post went off topic slightly but in the short time this thread was alive, the topic surrounding and affecting our reptile interests was and is hard to ignore. My fluff topic turned from how excited I was to the real world state affecting the reptile community. I believe the views and respect everyone has shown each other while expressing their own unique views and expierence shows that we are capable of having hard conversation surrounding the hobby. But not here.

4 Likes

I went to it.
I really enjoyed it.
Plus I was able to get a gorgeous Soulsucker from Osmun Reptiles, that was dream Morph of mine.
I’m glad I went.

4 Likes

I am really missing the expos… the community and discussion and shared love for reptiles is so amazing. Can’t wait to get back to some bit of normalcy

3 Likes