First litter of ASFs

@akmorphs is there an albino morph, or is it just different coloration? Of the 3 litters, it looks like i got 3 albino babies. So my guess is the male i have is het for it, and one of the females has a gene for it.

Not sure if same rule applies for ASF genetics or if it only looks albino, but is actually just a color phase. 3rd pic shows two of the “albinos” the others are just babies for cuteness.

4 Likes

For colors, there’s the “wild type” (dark colored, dark ears), cinnamon (slightly lighter colored, light colored ears), and pink eyed dilute “PED”/argente (cream fur, red eyes). Cinnamon and PED are both recessive

4 Likes

Gotcha! So they must be PEDs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, there is an albino morph! There are also all browns, blues, reds, hairless (recently), and multiple different pattern combos

6 Likes

I was reading about them as i was unfamiliar with ASF i didn’t even know what that stood for :joy: i heard people get them because they don’t smell lime rats do and you don’t have to clean constantly as you do rats. I also read they make great pets. Those babies are so adorable i want some too.

2 Likes

While the smell is definitely less intense then mice/rats I don’t know if the cleaning changes. I change mine out weekly. I don’t know if rats/mice have or need to be done more throughout the week. Definitely make cute pets for sure (that’s the trap with them) ha-ha

2 Likes

I believe this one is going to grow into an all white with red eyes :slight_smile: no color at all from what i see, looks almost pink

4 Likes