First time breeder

Ok so I’ve watched a few videos on people letting there eggs maternally incubate. My question is if I have a glass tank which I have no problem keeping the humidity and heat needs would she be ok in there or should I just get a incubator? Has anyone tried?

get an incubator, not very many eggs make it otherwise

it can be done IF you can provide the right environment for the eggs, however it is easier to do so and it being constant in an incubator.

Just remember you can be successful with both methods and you can fail with both as well.

2 Likes

Also the mom wont eat the whole time shes sitting on the eggs. I prefer the incubator method so you can clean the mom and get her right back on food

1 Like

While its definitely possible I still do agree with the others to just artificially incubate. There are just so many more advantages of doing so and if money is a issue when it comes to buying a incubator you can also make one yourself. There are many informative vids on how to do so

2 Likes

I hope to try a MI clutch at least once someday but by and large I agree artificial is the efficient way to go

1 Like