Flooding Fundraiser for Shaun/saleengrinch

This is beautiful!!

15 Likes

Just donated. Hope you get back on your feet man!

I remember how devastated I was when some contractors broke a pipe in my kitchen and flooded my snake room in the basement below. I lost animals and racks that day and I was pretty sure the whole thing was over.

Looking at these photos and reading the thread, I realize that it was almost nothing compared to what you’ve been through. Keep your head up, the industry needs guys like you. :+1:

13 Likes

Oh Shaun, I’m so so sorry! My heart aches for you and your family. I’m so glad that your beautiful son and girlfriend are safe with you. I have benefited so much from your voice in this community and I will be praying for you. Please know that we care deeply for you and want to be there in whatever way we can as you put your world back together in whatever way you choose. :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you for your kind words friend.

Thank you so much.

Thank you so much!

That’s the most important thing. Things have been super tough admittedly but they could of been far worse. I’m just trying to keep on keeping on!

Seriously thank you to everyone for the donations and kind words. It really does help me get through this.

14 Likes

Holy cr*p!! Shaun I am so so sorry this happened to you! How devastating…I cant imagine. Made me tear up seeing these pictures…

10 Likes

I shared your story on some pages I’m on in Facebook. I’m sorry to hear this happened to you. I’m in the summer doldrums with no pay (I’m on a 10-month contract) but I sent what I could. I realize you’re a long way’s off from it, but when you get to the point where you think you might want/be able to get seriously into snakes again please let me know, I’m sure I could send you something to get you rolling again.

11 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much I for real appreciate it.

7 Likes

Shaun! Holy :poop:! I’m so incredibly sorry this has happened. I’m so heartbroken for you! You’ve done SO MUCH in this community, and an all-around awesome human. Sending love, and hubs and I will donate what we can! :purple_heart::purple_heart:

8 Likes

My heart goes out to you brother and our prayers are with you and your family.

8 Likes

Aww thanks!

Thank you very much!
Again I would like to say thanks to EVERYONE who has supported me. The response has been overwhelming in a good way.

11 Likes

I can’t express this enough I am so sorry you lost like 60 pets your basement, and a decade of work and I feel so so so so so terrible also I am so sorry for the loss of your pets you’ve been a legend in the community if you get back into reptiles or not, we support you.

8 Likes

I just saw this, not sure how I missed it. I am so very sorry that this happened to you, @saleengrinch, and for all you lost. I can’t even imagine. I’m glad that you and your family are safe, but man, this is awful. You have been such a wonderful source of knowledge and inspiration here, it really breaks my heart that this happened to you. I’ll donate what I can (sorry it’s not more), and please know that you and your family are in my thoughts. :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you I appreciate that. I’ve been able to move back in. I had to gut my entire basement(down a bathroom which kinda sucks lol) fix the air conditioning system and get a water heater. But I’m very thankful to say I have a home to sleep in again.

I will say it was encouraging the outpouring of support, messages, and help I received. It has really helped me through extremely trying times.

19 Likes

absolutely tragic but I personally do hope you get back into snakes, but we will support you no matter what dude!

7 Likes

Look at how much room you have for activities now! Any plans for a redisgn of the basement now that its all cleared out?

4 Likes

No big plans I’m planning on moving. I’ve been wanting to for awhile and keep putting it off. Now is as good a time to move as any lol.

10 Likes

Do let us know @saleengrinch if with Moving and Winter coming on, you put up something like an Amazon Wishlist. I’m sure we’d all like to chip in and make sure you and yours get settled in your new place comfortably so you can feel secure in a home again.

13 Likes

Awwww thanks! I’m shooting for before the end of the year. I still have things to fix and take care of before I can move. House is livable not quite sellable yet lol. Garage got pretty destroyed as well.

8 Likes

at least in Washington flood insurance is useless. So even if you have it, it doesn’t help with much.

That said, i am not in a position to help but my thoughts are with you and your family. Flooding is absolutely one of the worst.

2 Likes