Formal Intro

Hello! my name is Logan and I have been on MorphMarket for a little while but started with the community about a month ago. I haven’t kept herps for too long but I am very knowledgeable on them because I spend a ton of time researching them when I have nothing to do. I fell in love with reptiles when I saw and was able to hold my first blue tongue skink when I was 8. I currently only keep two american toads (Pandora and Spotify), a crested gecko(Neptoon), a blue tongue skink(Potato), and I have a decent amount of superworm beetles. I am planning on getting a pair of fire skinks in the near future to hopefully produce CBB fire skinks. I am only 13 so all my money goes back to my animals and don’t have a job so I am broke :laughing: (don’t worry I have enough money to keep my animals happy). I will post pictures of my animals later because I am at school (you can see the pictures of them on the OTM submission thread if you want to see them now :wink:). What are your dream animals? mine are a male Argus monitor and a super dwarf reticulated python. Hope you have a good day and sorry this is kind of random!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, Logan! Sounds like you have a real passion for herps. That’s awesome! Nice pics in the OTM thread. We’re looking forward to more. Me, I’m a retired teacher, lover of nearly all creatures. My dream animals? That is a hard thing to answer as I love so many. My snake projects are all corn snakes, and I do have dreams in that species. We look forward to hearing more from you here in the MM community. Again, welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome! I can’t wait to see pictures of your reptiles! I’m sure they are adorable

3 Likes

6 Likes

Fantabulous pictures! What kinds of toads are they? I love toads! I only have one. She’s a New Mexico Spade Foot.

Welcome to the family! :frog::snake::lizard::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Awwww so cute! I love them

2 Likes

They are American toads! How easy are spade foot toads? I would really like to get some in the future

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! Your animals are so cute! I’ve never kept toads as pets but I love them.
I have to agree, one of my dream pets is also a super dwarf retic! I also really want another hognose one day but sadly they are illegal in my state.

4 Likes

I only have one spade foot toad, named El P, and she is very easy to take care of. When I first got her she was sooooo teeny tiny! I fed her fruit flies for several months until she got big enough to eat small crickets. I keep her Repti Soil very moist with heat on one side of her sterilite tub. I wish I had bought more than one because she is so adorable! Lol! However I really don’t want to have to go through feeding fruit flies again because that was a pain! Lol. :frog::blush::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thanks! There care sounds very similar to the toads I have now. If I get one I will make sure to get one big enough to eat crickets lol :laughing:

2 Likes