Fox's feature requests

Continuing the discussion from Regulars and Leaders, How's the MRC going?:

@foxreptile: "What would be nice is if I press the back button to the community main menu, that it would go back to where I was on the page rather than at the top, I like read a lot of the content but I get lost where I was, leading to me searching which is time consuming and therefore I’m not reading as much as I’d like too. But this could just be me.

What would also be awesome is if our seller & buyer profile page showed our community trust level (maybe once people reach a certain trust level) I haven’t sold anything on MM yet therefore no reviews (that will change soon ) but I chat a lot on here about care etc. I’m not a business, so this is more for hobbyists and it might help with people when deciding who to buy from esp as it can take months for a review, depending on how long the transaction can take. It might also encourage more people to use the community page.

Just a thought anyway"

3 Likes

MorphMarket … if you could more easily access the photo of the month feed…that would be helpful I think. I think its a neat little contest…It got me interested initially & had me post. & as in the formentioned post…yeah the “back clicking thing” can be annoying…its like oppps…darnnit…I was reading all that…

3 Likes

Thanks for the split, there is still so much for me to learn with technology :blush:

2 Likes

This right here is what I am talking about :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

That would be one of the best asked features I have ever seen or heard about. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you :relaxed:

2 Likes

I’m on my phone, and on the internet using MM and when I go back it takes me exactly where I was looking on the list so I don’t need to search again :blush:

But the trust level I feel is a good idea, When I was just starting out I think it would’ve helped people notice me more if that makes sense? I know a lot about Cresties and to see a trust level would’ve been good for me and others who actually want this to be a long thing!
BUT at the same time I think that it’s a good ideas, I do think with ‘new breeders’ who have a high trust levels from being on here, who are just starting out, May overshadow those who aren’t on the community just starting out if you get what I mean? As it’s not just about the trust level, it’s about your knowledge of the reptile away from the forum and I know a lot of people aren’t on here just starting out who are Amazing and know so much! (Even breeders who sell but aren’t actually on the forum)
And if this is to become a thing, is there a way of only adding a trust level to those who ‘deserve’ it, who know correct morphs of reptiles they’re selling, who truly care for the animal and put the care in, who are knowledgeable and know what they’re doing etc?
I see a lot of new breeders online who only care about the money and lie about morphs, (usually Cresties) for instance, that I feel wouldn’t deserve to have a good trust level on here if they joined, and having a good trust level may attract people to them when in reality they’re not good breeders.

(Hoping this makes sense to you all) :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I only have this issue on the main page of the forum.

You make some valid points with some of what you are saying and it would be for MM to work out, but to get the trust level you have to have been leaving comments and making post for a while plus receiving likes.

With regards to new people to the forum… This is why I said ‘to show the forum rating once they reach a certain level’.

It could be a way to encourage more people to the forum as well as show how committed people are as reptile lovers, rather than some people trying to make money quick regardless of knowledge & care etc.

A sellers page already has links to other places such as Facebook or web pages (plus the forum) so people have the option to look there. This is a way to try and keep things in house for MM and to show off well respected members.
Sometimes people might give negative reviews that might not of been the sellers fault… This might help those moments too. I know if I saw a bad review it would make me think twice before buying from that person. I know you can respond with how things were dealt with etc… But that rating will still remain!

Everything we put on here is visible to a buyer… And I agree that the testing should be sorted to somehow t show those that deserve it. The current system might do that already.

2 Likes

I mean as someone who is building his collection and planning to add a $2500 female hatchling so that he can breed high-end boas in the future, I hope someone will give me a chance as a new seller in the years to come.

5 Likes

Agree with everything.
But as said it’s commenting on here, getting likes etc.
A lot of people aren’t on the forums. Took me a while to join myself due to anxiety, and now I’m very happy and have enjoyed meeting you all on here :blush:
So if we gain a trust level on here and been on here for months, and then decide to sell, it means Other people who don’t want to ‘chat’ on here won’t have that same trust level showing, but may actually be an amazing breeder and Infact the person chatting on here for months could well not be when they start selling.
That’s my only fault anyway! I see some breeders who don’t like forums and I think they’re amazing, say if you for instance weren’t on here… Just starting out, some amazing babies for sale and are amazing at care, the knowledge etc (which you are) . But there’s people who have a trust level that stands out more and you’re overlooked because of that?

3 Likes

That’s what I mean!
I wouldn’t want you overlooked because someone has a better trust level.

And I look forward to seeing your plans happen! :grin:

5 Likes

That’s why I definitely feel it is important for people to actually look at your community profile. Truly because people would see the posts of her growing up, being cared for, breeding, and the babies that are produced.

4 Likes

I can’t wait too!

3 Likes

I try send people here a lot who buy from me, so they can see my profile, read about myself and eee my posts, offsprings, parents etc. A lot don’t want to know as ‘don’t like forums’ :woman_facepalming:t2:
This forum is Amazing compared to others I’ve been on. Which I never go on now because I have MM😅
Shame as I feel it deserves a lot more recognition!

4 Likes

Especially if people see you behaving with people over more than just trying to get money out of it. That is what it is about :grin:. A place to grow in knowledge and love for reptiles.

4 Likes

This is my point. Some of us spend lots of time and money prior to selling in order to produce high end reptiles, but because there are no reviews or even because they are a new seller, they might be overlooked… Where as someone like you who has been working hard for your collection can then show it off via the rating system.

This is just something to help people out a bit more and to show that we care.

In my opinion, anyone who is willing to put in the time is worth buying from.

I know not everyone likes forums, but this might be a way to change people’s minds. I was to shy to go on forums to start with… But I took the plunge and I’m so glad I did.

2 Likes

For me, I am looking five or six years before I breed anything…

1 Like

I do get what you mean. My collection took time and a lot of money to get me to where I am now.
And finally this year I’m exactly where I want to be with what I have and what I’m producing.
And a rating would’ve helped people know who I am and I do, and too see it’s about the Cresties for me. (Especially if people take the time to look through our profiles!)

3 Likes