Fresh from a molt she got her wings!😍

30 Likes

Super cool! Spiny flower mantises are likely the next mantis species I will keep.

8 Likes

Wow she is gorgeous! If I was to keep them, I would be so happy too!

8 Likes

Oh yes she’s brought me nothing but joy she loves watching tv I know it sounds crazy but no matter where I put her in the room facing whatever way she ends up locked on the tv for hours😂

9 Likes

She is absolutely fantastic!!

6 Likes

Beautiful mantid. My favorite insect in the whole world!

9 Likes

she is beautiful! and her wings are amazing

2 Likes

Oh wow, she’s stunning! I love mantises. I’d like to try my hand at keeping them some day. I’ve always found them beautiful and fascinating. And I think the spiny flower mantis is one of the most gorgeous species!

2 Likes

They are so easy I buy 20 pin head crickets to separate between two mantids and it does wonders they thrive very well!!

1 Like

Even though most people recommend it, I don’t recommend feeding crickets to mantises. They can sometimes have bacteria that will kill the mantis. I personally feed flightless fruit flies and I’m going to feed bottle flies, house flies, and small mealworms to my ghost mantises.

2 Likes

Been in it a while never had a problem

3 Likes

Often it has to do with the source. If the place you’re buying them from keeps the colonies clean and removes uneaten food then it’s very unlikely. It’s unlikely to be a problem but I personally don’t try/recommend it.

2 Likes

We also fed crickets to ours when we had, and tiny waxworms as a treat. Fruits flies too.
Was amazing to see him grow, shame they don’t live long…

3 Likes

She is very beautiful :heart:

1 Like