Future Pet Projects (Feedback Helpful!)

Yes to this recommendation! I was going to include them, but figured my initial post was already long enough. :joy: Even though I’m generally more into snakes than lizards, I may have to get a BTS at some point. They’re just too stinking cute.

I’ve heard great things about Dumeril’s boas, and I love the way they look. I almost got one instead of a BI. They had some really cute babies at the expo, and I was seriously considering it.

Carpet pythons are gorgeous. There are several species to choose from, with different sizes and appearances.

Knob-tailed geckos are beyond adorable. I think if I ever go for a terrestrial gecko, it will have to be a knob-tail.

…there are so, SO many choices. I often wish I had the time, money, and space to have one of everything, because there are so many reptile species I would love to keep. Alas, my resources are limited. :cry:

6 Likes

Aren’t finances and physical limitations just the WORST??

5 Likes

They truly are. If I ever win the lottery, or if a wealthy long-lost relative dies and leaves me their fortune, I will buy a mansion and fill it with reptiles and inverts.

5 Likes

Yes I can second what Jennifer says about the urine. For my Borneo it’s not that bad @cmills

5 Likes

:joy:. I thought it was a physique thing……:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

No not at all lol :joy:. I am 5’ 7” and 155 lbs and a bit of a gym guy…just ask @dsed

6 Likes

My goodness! I love that! And it goes well if it is a girl or a boy, but I am thinking of giving you a female :wink:.

5 Likes

You have a rainbow bow on your list but you didn’t specify BRB or CRB. The BRBs, at least the one I had, are a bit flighty and somewhat unpredictable. That’s not to say they don’t make great pets. They are just in general not as mellow as other boas. However mine as an adult would let me pet his head!

As babies their humidity requirements are a little more of an intermediate level type keeper. However by the time they reach adulthood it’s not as tricky. As a matter of fact, I would say that BRB are intermediate level snakes. But they are definitely gorgeous!

Imho, rosy boas are really cool, underrated little snakes. Mine has a puppy dog temperament and he is out and about a lot more than a typical sand boa. Being a relatively small snake, adults don’t need humongous enclosures,

There is one other snake that I would like to throw out there and that is a Loxocemus BiColor Python. I think these guys are so cool but there is not a whole lot of information out there about them. I have one and he is by far the easiest snake to take care of that I have ever had. He feels like velvet and he has an iridescence as well. I have only seen one breeder on MM who captive breeds these guys and this is where mine came from. Loxos are relatively small pythons as well.

4 Likes

I haven’t done much rainbow boa research yet, so I’ll keep this in mind thank you!!

I will be delighted having a boa from you regardless :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I was being a bit sarcastic…… :joy:

4 Likes

I know :upside_down_face:, I was being sarcastic back :joy::joy:

5 Likes

I think I can bench press you, lol. Maybe in my 20’s🤣

6 Likes

I’m really intrigued by these guys. They’re definitely on my list of species to explore further. I know they’re the only known New World pythons (although there might be some debate about their classification as pythons), which is super cool! Plus they’re beautiful. And small, which is good, as I’ll be pretty low on space once I get Lenore’s adult enclosure all squared away. :joy:

They kinda remind me of tiny white lipped pythons, and I LOVE white lipped pythons.

3 Likes

I can almost benchpress myself lol :joy:…just 10 more pounds :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Caron, I would love if you could make a thread with some pics and info about your loxocemus bicolor python. They look really cool and I would love to know what your experience is with their care!

5 Likes

Sure I will do that Olivia! :heart:

5 Likes

@solarserpents asked for a thread on these so I will start one later with pictures. I can also point you to a breeder if you would like…… :blush:

6 Likes

I feel like I cannot overstate how much MM and the idea of these future projects keeps me going on hard days. You guys really are the best!!

5 Likes

I agree! MM is a wonderful place with the very best people, you my dear being one of them! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Right back at ya! You have been such a wonderful influence on my life :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes