G-Stripe, Black Pastel & Enchi, Oh My!

Rare Genetics has been hard at work and has recently produced three new Ball Python tests:

• Genetic Stripe
  • Black Pastel
  • Enchi

Run any single gene test for $65 or the whole panel of all 14 mutation tests for $120.

The full list of Ball Python tests currently includes: Albino, Asphalt, Black Pastel, Candy/Toffee, Clown, Enchi, Genetic Stripe, Gravel, Hypo, Lavender Albino, Piebald, Spark, Specter, and Yellowbelly.

Don’t spend years trying to prove out your animals when you can find out within a few weeks.

9 Likes

I like that this is also seems to confirm that Cinnamon is also it’s own gene and not just a polymorphic line bred Blk. Pastel. Unless there’s a blurb with more detail I’ve missed somewhere… or cinnamon ends up being like the second YB gene they found. lol

2 Likes

Not necessarily, RGI might not have done enough tests on confirmed Cinnamons to make that judgement yet… unless my tired brain is not connecting some dots here.

2 Likes

Oh that could be true.
They were super thorough on the 2x YB genes, asphalt and gravel. I guess I jumped the gun a bit.

Either way, it’s neat! Enchi can be so low expression sometimes. So that’ll be neat regardless.
Hoping for fire soon as well. Then I definitely have a couple I’m tempted to get tested.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Fire/Vanilla complex tests will be great moving forward…

3 Likes