Gecko cut wound

My gecko has gotten cut from my cats and im very worried the cut is small but bleeding please help

First off how deep is it and where is it? Second is why were your cats anywhere near your gecko? That is beyond unsafe. You may need to rush to the emergency vet depending on the answer.

2 Likes

the cut is beneath the armpit and medium deep

Can you get a picture?

2 Likes

Also @mblaney if she is online.

2 Likes

he can’t stop squirming but ill keep trying

How bad is the bleeding? The place you described it would be where there is a chance for lung puncture as well as arteries being severed.

2 Likes

I recommend going to the vet no matter the severity here, especially if your cat goes outdoors regularly.

Cats scratches can cause a extremely well named infection called CSD (Cat Scratch Disease). Though I have no information on how it reacts with reptiles, it’s better safe than sorry.

2 Likes

Your gecko need to see a herp vet immediately. With a wound like that, if you cannot or will not take it to the vet yourself, the ethical onus is on you to surrender it to a rescue that will take it to the vet. This is an emergency and you need to take care of it RIGHT NOW.

Find a vet

Leopard geckos should never come into contact with cats for any reason whatsoever. If you cannot maintain the basic needs of an animal you should not keep it.

9 Likes

I took him to the vet and did a checkup, He told us to watch the cut and come back in 2 weeks. Thank you all for the help

5 Likes

Very good! All of us are proud of you, well done! :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes