Ghost or Het Hypo?

Hey guys! This is a beautiful snake that I bought baby sized being a Tessera Anery Het Amel Het Hypo, but I strongly believe it to be a homo for hypo, or a ghost, here is as well a photo of his sister, Anery Het Amel Het Hypo for comparison.

6 Likes

@noodlehaus @caryl @solarserpents

5 Likes

Does he have belly checkers? If so, can you post a picture of them?

6 Likes

I changed phones recently so I dont have currently, but his belly looks kind of black alternating squares, I have a bad photo of his beggining, when I arrive home I will give you an update!

5 Likes

If the belly checkers are black, he’s not a ghost. Aneries can sometimes be extremely light, especially males, but then darken with age.
For example, in this photo is a light male anery and a dark female ghost:

6 Likes

Yep. That’s about the best way to tell if they’re homo Hypo when in doubt. Pretty either way. Do you know the parentage, @ricardo_morais ?

1 Like

Based on the photos posted here, and the original listing for this boy, I’m leaning towards Anery Tessera being the correct morph, barring an update that says belly checkers aren’t black.

@caryl Parents are Ghost Het Amel & Snow Tessera Het Hypo.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the attention guys! Im gping to send the photo tomorrow because I occupied this night, but he indeed has black squares on his belly, funny how both anery siblings can look so different

2 Likes

Thank you for the info, and how the hell did you know that that snake was the one I bought, im shocked :joy:

2 Likes

It seems to be my weird party trick, haha. I’ve picked up a few snakes second hand and tracked them back to their original breeders because I was looking for more info than what I had on them. Generally I just search the genes I know are involved and then match the snake’s pattern to the listing photo. Helps that your boy is quite unique! Hope you don’t mind my sleuthing. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hahah I find it amazing :joy::joy:
Anyways, I have the photos and the parents, his parents are Ghost and Tessera Snow Het Hypo.
Belly checkers,

2 Likes

So its just Anery right?

2 Likes

I’m going to re-tag @caryl & @solarserpents for their opinions, but I’m still thinking Anery as long as the greying out seen is due to the light.

3 Likes

I would lean towards light anery.

3 Likes

Leaning toward light Anery, also. The belly checkers aren’t completely dark, but they don’t really show the light shadings I would expect for Ghost/homo Hypo. Het Hypo bellies can show some lightening, in my experience. For example, this yearling Caramel is het Hypo, not homozygous Hypo.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I have a Anery Het Hypo then :grinning:

3 Likes