Goal Snakes?

So I know many people here have been breeding for years and decades, but I’m new to the breeding side of the hobby. I started out with a few of my favorite single and double genes this year and will work on from there as they grow. But I’ve been thinking about my goal morphs - the ultimate ones I want to eventually produce that are kinda like the bucket list snakes for me.

So what are your bucket list/goal snakes? Are you working toward them right now? Did you recently hit one? Or what was your goal morph when you started?

I LOVE super high contrast snakes, so I think my top goal snake right now is a Chocolate GHI YB OD Pastel. Second top goal would be a Banana YB OD GHI.

7 Likes

The main one I would like to hit in the future is a Pastel Lavender Albino GHI + ?.

My plan is to try and produce a gold-ish snake.

GHI is a dark snake that exhibits “gold” alien heads, the Lavender will get rid of the dark pigmentation and pastel will make the alien heads pop.

? Is a morph I’m unsure of right now, I want something that will spread the alien heads without dimming the colour.

4 Likes

By spread the alien heads, do you mean make them bigger or?

1 Like

Exactly, but without losing the intensity.

1 Like

Shooting for super black pastel lavender albino pied. Made lav’s and pied’s but so far, but the both of them in 1 animal hasn’t happened.

3 Likes

My next and final goals are (I say final because by the time I hit on a quadruple recessive if I do it will likely be time to retire :wink: :rofl:)

True ghost Pied
True Ghost Enchi Clown
True Ghost Clown Pied

6 Likes

My end goal for right now would be a Super Pastel Ultramel DG, maybe even Ultraglow if my DG ends up being het ghost and the odds are in my favor! It’s going to be a while before I get to that goal, but I think it will be worth it. I also want to make some nice Leopard Lesser Clown combos as a secondary goal.

1 Like

A gold-ish snake would be awesome. That’s kind of where I’m headed with the Banana YB OG GHI - Basic banana, GHI darkens the contrast, YB makes the dorsal yellows pop and OD makes the alien head colors pop. Don’t know what it would look like as an adult but the babies are stunning. I would love to get into some Lavender Albino projects, right now the only recessive I’m working with is Orange Ghost. Which I love - but I’d love to add another.

1 Like

I’d love to see a True Ghost Enchi Clown, that would be a killer combo. I would love to get into some recessives in a couple of years, I’ve seen some really cool clown combos I would love to play with.

1 Like

Mine would probably be a VPI Axanthic Blade (or Leopard) Clown

3 Likes

So many to list and some I haven’t even thought of yet…

5 Likes

I would love to make an Axanthic DG Monsoon and I think that it my long term goal

4 Likes

i know what could be that extra plus that you are looking to add into a pastel lav ghi. You could try adding mojave down the line because ghi mojave lavs look crazy and it really brings out brighter colors with that combo

2 Likes

my dream morph combo at the moment would be a leopard clown desert ghost or batman desert ghost but that list will always evolve for me im sure because there is just such a wide range of combos some of which people havent even thought of yet

4 Likes

Being new to breeding… I have a lot I wanna try one being a suma,cinnamon, pied
But I am going for a blackhead,super pastel,axthantic (tsk) next year

1 Like

X2 on the Desert Ghost Batman and other Desert Ghost Clown combos. Maybe one day if Monsoon ever comes down in price I would love to get into Monsoon stuff. I saw a video about the Paint morph the other day. Seems like a cool gene.

I’ve wanted to answer this thread for the last few days and it’s difficult to even think of a goal snake. With so many options and so much time it’s hard to pinpoint. I’ll let you guys know when I make it :joy:

2 Likes

Its a few years away for me, but I’m working towards a Mahogany Lesser x Bongo Butter YB breeding. There should be some interesting combos in there somewhere. :wink:

1 Like

I hit a goal snake the other day without even knowing it would be a goal snake.

Best guess so far is leopard pinstripe vanilla cream. It’s so cool looking and I thought the female was only a pinstripe possible fire. There are none listed on morphmarket.

She proved vanilla pin and I hit this in a 4 egg clutch. Also hit a fire leopard, leopard vanilla cream, and a dragonfly

13 Likes

@akmorphs That’s one awesome goal, I’ll keep an eye out for that. I’m pretty sure I follow you on twitter and you’re pretty close to me geographically as well. That would be amazing.

I’ve also been thinking recently about other recessives I want to to breed. I’m a huge fan of ultramel and DG, and I have OG in my collection already. Maybe I’ll have to look into some ultramel or DG combos. Still looking into hypos as well

1 Like