Good Day Bad Day

Just out of curiosity how many babies can be produced in one clutch?

2 Likes

I’ve read up to 20. But most that I know of have been around 10. Some females can double clutch though. That might be the discrepancy .

3 Likes

Whaaat really? I basically grew up at the Wild Animal Park.

Man these water dragons are just some of the coolest looking lizards out there. That face marking!! Cannot get over it. So glad you found the loose baby! What a little scamp.

4 Likes

lol! Small world! His name is Michael Ahlering. Ok I don’t want to get offf thread! Lol!

3 Likes

I think someone in this thread requested video. Unboxing is up on my YouTube and Facebook. Be gentle it’s a first try at it.

I have no delusions of becoming a YouTube star. But I do think it will be fun to have internet video to point people to that walk them through where their animals come from. It might evolve more over time

4 Likes

I swear this little dare devil is going to be my favorite. She was already letting me pet her but somehow she got out of her tank. I have no idea how. Last time I saw her the lid was secure now she’s missing. I’ve put out a heat trap and some food. Both bugs and a little sardine. We will see if she turns up. I’m feeling pretty bad because I have no idea how she got out. They are so tinny she could be almost anywhere. ;(

4 Likes

I am so sorry that she got out :cry: I really hope she turns up safe and sound just like last time.

I know this is off topic but I have been meaning to tell you that I really like your profile picture and slithering hearts is an amazing name!

Really hope that she shows up soon!

5 Likes

Thank you so much. I used Fiver for the logo and got lucky there. We are going to keep the heat trap and food out. Not sure what else to do at this point

4 Likes

Lol. Okay so it was a husbandry mistake but they didn’t get out. We keep our house pretty cold. My wife has MS and hear causes her issues. The heating pads I added weren’t enough to keep them warm at night. I already knew this and added. Space heater. But they were barrier in the substrate. Probably trying to broomate. I made some adjustments and hopefully they stay warmer

5 Likes

what a relief :rofl: She had me worried for a little bit! it makes life so much easier knowing there isn’t some magic hole that let her escape!

3 Likes

They are in 20 gallon longs with screen lids. They are way too small to push up the lids. I was racking my brain trying to figure it out. I’m sure the space heater will take care of them until they are ready for the lizard mansion.

4 Likes

Uff I feel for you guys there- I have chronic illness and keep my house awfully chilly. It’s been a challenge building each enclosure to try to get the heat right before I let a snek live in there! We have a mix of Radiant heat panels and low undertank heating so each snake has a warm side, a cool side, and a warm burrow to go be slightly toasty in no matter how cool the night gets.
My sister gave me some slippers you can microwave heat, for my frigid toes, but the rest of me overheats! Apply one Ball Python to the back of the neck, lol. Nice cold pack that wiggles but doesn’t slide off.

4 Likes

That’s why I’m converting my detached garage into a reptile room. I’ve been told that these three water dragons stay in the house, on penalty of death.

I’m hoping to have the Hognose racks set up this week.

4 Likes