Good Day Bad Day

Well we received two baby water dragons today. One looks healthy but maybe a little thin. The second one wiggled free and jumped off my wife’s shoulder. Poor think is so small that short. Of Al catching movement we aren’t going to see her.

I set up a heat trap on the floor and I may spread some flower. The poor this is probably stressed to the max with travel already. Hopefully pictures coming soon.

9 Likes

Oh I surely hope you find the 2nd and all will be well hopefully! We can’t wait to see pictures of the little ones! :blush::crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Bonnie is coming out of hiding already

Hope her sister does the same soon.

7 Likes

Oh how precious she is! Did you name her sister Claudette? (after Clyde?). Loll😂
How large will they get!

4 Likes

Clyde is our male. Her sister is Rebel. How fitting, right?

They get a key 2.5 feet. Makes up to about three feet. There are pretty good sized lizard

4 Likes

It’s little head and eyes look like an ET! :alien::alien:

4 Likes

Ok those names are PERFECT! So Rebel escaped right? How fitting as well if so! Lol :joy:

3 Likes

Well now just a good day. Rebel is safe in her 20 gallon long. (Temp tank). Once they are acclimated and a bit bigger they will live in the 8’X4’X6’ lizard mansion with their busy Clyde. She even went for a swim and all the white is off her nose. I think it was moss and then some flour. But we get all animals vet checked anyway.

Interesting thing about these lizards. They are fairly social and I’m the wild they live in small social groups with a big male and his haram. That is what we are recreating here.

Not only was it Rebel who escaped. She’s also not in her terrarium out in the open daring anyone to mess with her. I think she’s going to have some attitude

Finally. A picture of my our girl with attitude . Introducing Rebel.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Oh yeah definitely she is a Rebel! She’s 6 ounces? of rompin stompin dynamite with a 10 inch fuze! Lol!

So glad you found her? Will she grow into her her tail? :blush:

3 Likes

No the tail just keeps growing they are a stumpy little body with a tail twice as long. It’s why the swim so well.

Here is our yearling male. It’s hard to get his body and tail on a picture

7 Likes

Lol! They really must be adept swimmers! It looks like Clyde is in an outside enclosure? It looks quite large?

This is such a fascinating project idea! When the girls get old enough to hang around with Clyde, he will be an official harem king! I can’t wait to see the babies!!! :blush:

3 Likes

Clyde’s enclosure is half my office. Basically there is a computer, a crate for our saint, his lizard mansion and a path to the computer. Lol

I mentioned moving them the the garage once it was a reptile room. My wife threatened to kill me. She’s attached

4 Likes

Lol! Well I know where she is coming from! Didn’t you say you are a zoo keeper? If so what zoo? Unless this ? is taboo on MM?

If it’s San Diego zoo or the Wild Animal Park, my cousin was the manager of first San Diego and then the Wild Animal Park…… He’s retired now……

3 Likes

My son and I got a behind the scenes tour of the San Diego Zoo one day before it opened. I got to pet a cheetah and kiss a humongous sea lion! Lol! That was years ago of course……. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Not me. I work in IT. A zoo keeper would be a fun job, but hard to live anywhere in Ca for that Salary.

We are near Sac.

3 Likes

Oh yes I remember now! You wanted to get away from the corporate world :earth_americas:! I’m sorry for my mistake! Lol! :blush:

3 Likes

Nothing to be sorry about.

3 Likes

I am so glad that they showed up safe and sound! Rebel and bonnie are perfect names!

now all we have to do is wait a couple of years and then get to see some adorable baby water dragons hatching! hopefully I will have room by then

4 Likes

My 5-year-old already wants to keep,”All The babies” lol

Wait until he learns about holdbacks.

3 Likes