Good movies / shows

I know i could post this in general chat, but i dont want to prevent new blood from joining in :slight_smile: what are some shows that have really hit home for you?

Ill start with one:

Rascal does not dream of bunny girl sempai

Then the sequel OVA

Rascal does not dream of a dreaming girl

Despite the name it is PG13, not some lewd fan service show, and it took me on one hell of a feels trip. It is anime, but well worth it!

2 Likes

Well if you’re into Anime…
I recently had my feelings lifted to heaven then stomped on then redeemed with possibly some tears by Deca-Dence, on hulu. 12 episodes, post apocalypse elements, monster fighting, social structures, Found Family, Second Life in a Game, tiny robots, plot twists, it’s well worth the watch. Pretty animation, stunning story, highly original, refreshingly aware of grimness and reality while being hope-punk in the extreme.

As movies go - speaking of Japanese cinema, it’s time for a re-watch of Seven Samurai, the classic Kurosawa film that is arguably one of the best movies ever made. I will fight on this hill. Stunningly shot in black and white, with the poetic spirit and motifs of traditional feudal Japan, it’s the story that brought you Magnificent Seven. A desperate village, seven out of work warriors, and deciding what’s worth dying for. You cannot fail to be at least impressed by this longer, musing, gorgeous work of art.

I Saw The Devil. The uncut version. Korean slasher/ action/ drama flick. The most beautiful, serene cinematography mixed with flashes of the most violent, upsetting subject matter. How far down the rabbit hole will a good man go for vengeance?