Got a tough morph id. Picture heavy

Little back story. My sister bought a snake from petco a few years ago. Of course sold as a fancy. We suspect pastel. No reason to think otherwise. Sister gave me the snake. I finished raising her, bred her to a cinnamon. She laid 4 eggs. One died in egg but appeared to be pastel. The 3 living were 2 pastels and one normal all female. So I downsized my collection, sold her. She was again bred to the cinnamon ( sold him too) once again four eggs. 3 pastels and one cinnamon again all female. The clutch she laid for me, all three had funky patterns. All his babies from her had funky patterns too. I bought her daughter tonight and again funky patterns, black stripe down back too. He suspected possible OD too. Also thought maybe genetic black back

20201024_224037|236x500

3 Likes

So three generations have produced this funky patterning?

I can see where both of you are coming from with OD and GBB guesses. Extremely clean pattern and that dorsal is mental.

Do you have pictures of the parents and the others with the funky pattern?

2 Likes

I can tell you that I don’t believe that is a black back morph.

1 Like

I had to search even for these photos

2 Likes

I agree with you, though I can see where the guess came from.

I can see the OD guess aswel, especially with this guy…

, but that could also be a Enchi Pastel or even just a super super nice pastel. @hinglesherps has a good eye for OD, he can likely help out.

Seems to be a bit going on on the tail of each of them aswel.

If not anything, it is at least something fun to work on.
Half the fun of breeding is the gamble, you have to lose some to make the wins twice as sweet.

@eaglereptiles I’m not good with orange dream at all. I don’t work with it but I believe you can also tell because of pattern reduction. Or something with the pattern. I’m personally not seeing the enchi also not my strong suit. I am however good with black back stuff. I work a lot with that! I would say a pastel imo.

2 Likes

Thank you. I am very new into this, and all I can tell you is something weird is happening and it is most likely just nothing, but I find it odd she has thrown nothing but females and all with weird markings.

1 Like

@nikkip81 A lot of large collections have little cleaner and enchancer genes that go unnoticed! So you never know. It’s just a longer process isolating the gene to prove it.

1 Like

That’s dependent on the male unless she’s having offspring through partho

Personally I’m just seeing nice looking pastels, but maybe there’s something else subtle in there

2 Likes

what would the chances of her doing partho twice in a row?

unlikely, especially if you’ve been paring her with males

1 Like

I have produced OD Pastels pretty much every year for the past four or five years and I am not seeing OD in this animal.

I had an animal that was paired every year for five years. First year - parth, second year - sexual, third year - parth, fourth year - sexual, fifth year - sexual. Gave her a year off and then the seventh year it looks like she may have done a split parth/sexual

So pairing to a male does not eliminate the possibility of parth

3 Likes