Granite and Soul Sucker

Is there a good reason that Soul Sucker still comes up as HGW Granite Lesser on the calculator and in the store?

I get the point that many soul suckers might have granite as well, but we’re well down the road of experience that HGW + Lesser is all it takes to make a Soul Sucker.

5 Likes

My guess would be it is nothing but the inertia of bad information being accidentally perpetuated.

@john, can you make the correction to bring us in line with the correct info?

3 Likes

Will fix in the next round, thanks!

2 Likes

The granite part came from Kevin’s belief that the granite gene could attach to the woma gene. So his woma had a hidden gene and granite could magically attach itself and never let go. If you ever seen anything about hidden gene lessers, they were also part of that fiasco because obviously Kevin’s lessers were special and only they could make true soul suckers. He has since backed off that stance.

With that said we should probably look into the inferno stuff also, as that is in the same boat. Any others anyone can think of?

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: Because ball python genetics defy the laws of normal genetics

4 Likes

It used to be a reoccurring theme unfortunately, but again he has backed off that stance.

Really, any morph with HGW that originated with NERD. I also think the whole HGWG label needs to be scrubbed from the hobby

Sadly, the stain he has left on the hobby by holding on to that belief system for so long continues to be a bane. To this day I still get people telling me that I, with a doctorate in genetics, do not know what I am talking about because it contradicts a post Kevin made back in 200X… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Eight or ten years of higher education is ok, but everyone knows you should only take advice from the guy with the most youtube followers…

3 Likes

Psh doctorate you and your fancy talk, we all know your just a dude that bakes treats n what not. :laughing:

And just so this isn’t seen as a Kevin bashing. The guy is still pioneer for the bp hobby and has done a ton for it. He produces incredible animals and seems to have a ton of passion.

I still can’t defend that he has been the source of misinformation many times in this hobby.

Yeah, we’ll have to scrub through and see what hgwg things have a name, inferno was the only one that came to mind for me.

5 Likes

Totally agree with this.

My question is why in the world do they call them ‘Soul Suckers’ LOL. How’d they come up with that name?

2 Likes

I believe because the hgw sucks the pattern out!

3 Likes

Why did Kevin name anything the way he did… ??

SoulSucker… Inferno… Lucifer… Odium…

4 Likes

Thinking about it, they are all very dark names.
He had a little theme going on :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I do believe I seen a video were Kevin explains the soul sucker name. Talks about the hidden gene woma sucks out the pattern be he also described it as a failed super form lol.

2 Likes

His reputation/forum handle “evilmorphgod” might point to that…

4 Likes