Green tree python babies

what size pvc enclosure would you recommend for a baby biak green tree python and what heating elements

2 Likes

I don’t think a baby needs a PVC cage…maybe a tub with some perches so you can control humidity etc better. Babies are very delicate and if you must remove from enclosure probably easier pulling it out of a tub/rack vs a larger type enclosure with lots of foliage, perches etc. If you do decide going the pvc enclosure way I’ve seen some keep them in cubes as babies but I rather get something like a 36x24x24 as horizontal space more important.

2 Likes

They make baby PVC cages now. I forgot the website. Honestly your best bet is a snap on tub that’s tall with makeshift perch’s.

2 Likes

oh thats a perfect idea thank you so much!

2 Likes

No problem.

1 Like

[https://focuscubedhabitats.com/product-category/enclosures/18-under/]

There’s the link to the PVC cages that are small if you don’t want a tub. In my opinion tubs for babies are best then when there about a year old you can get them their forever enclosure.

1 Like

That is an awesome tux design

1 Like

Also with the heating. A heat pad under the perches or on the side by the perches.

1 Like

Babies will do best in a 6qt tub for about a year or so. The next step up with be a 15qt for another year +/- and between 2-3 years they could be moved to an adult enclosure. Chondros are super easy as long as their basic requirements are met.

5 Likes