Greetings from Phoenix! Working towards breeding

Hey yall,

Been around MorphMart for a few years but have just joined the community! Currently keeping three Lizzies (a Beardie, a Tokay and a Crested), and am working on facilities to start breeding some Arid species. Im here to hopefully gather some breeding tips, as well as find a solid community of experienced keepers. Many of the species im interested in working with are Arizona Natives (I.E Great Basin Collareds, Chuckwalla, Long-Nosed Lepord Lizards, etc…).

Anywho just wanted to drop a line and announce my arrival :rofl:
I look forward to meeting you all and getting involved in the community!

8 Likes

Hi and welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here!
I’m excited to see what projects you get into in the future :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome agamidlover :blush:
I second what TRN said, keep us updated as your collection grows.

NOW SHOW US THEM LIZARDS! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I agree with @eaglereptiles! We charge a picture tax for every introduction! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome! I’m in Chandler, although I mostly keep snakes.

As requested :slight_smile:

14 Likes

omg that last tokay is such a beauty! so dark <3

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Your lizards are cute!

1 Like

Have you met or do you know of any Chuckwalla breeders? - Jim

1 Like

I knew a person out in St. Petersburg who had a female Chuck that was gifted to him that was gravid and dropped 2 or 3 fertile eggs out of a clutch of 8. However that was 2 years ago and despite his efforts she has not become gravid again.

There are a few breeders I know of in Oregon and Washington St. But beyond that they seem to be fairly uncommon in the hobby.

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

I keep ball pythons and crested geckos. Cresties are my fav :grin: your Crestie looks amazing

1 Like

Welcome from the UK!
Crestie obsessed myself, we also have other reptiles/amphibians too, classed as a petty zoo by the family :sweat_smile:
Your guys are beautiful :blush::heart:

2 Likes

Im curious if you guys could weigh in on what his genetics may be. He was a rescue and I was told he was a red Patternless. However he does express some bi-colored on his dorsal. He is almost 4 years old and I am looking to breed him. I know Cresties are highly variable but is there a particular morph I should look for to bring out or accent his reds with?

1 Like

Since his dorsal is a different colour he’s a Red bicolour. If his dorsal was the same red as the sides he’d be a patternless :blush:

2 Likes

I breed all sorts of morphs. But I’ve gone for ones I wanted to do not what others would want in a sense.
Red Tris though are amazing! Though I will say since you’ve gotten him, I’ve got Akira here who’s a Red Extreme Tri and she’s by far one of my favs I own! So if you can find him a nice tri lady… :wink: Or even a nice Tangerine!
But if you’ve got an idea in mind on what you want to breed that’s the best way. I knew what I wanted to breed this year so having multiple different Pairings going on to get each of the morphs I’m hoping for. X
This is Akira…

5 Likes

I agree it is a red bi-colour. I plan to breed my Cresties but I’ve bought Cresties I REALLY like and I’m going to breed for cresties I hope to produce. For example, my long term goal is to produce a red soft scale lilly white, but I have various other morphs I really want too.

I’d definitely recommend to breed what you like.

1 Like

Welcome to the MM Community!
Pretty Geckos.

Welcome…I see your beardie is a gamer…Very nice animals.

3 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what types of morphs of leopard geckos I was told one was a high yellow one was a bell albino and was never told the third. The third one and the high yellow have already had three babies (absolutely adorable) I’ve had people offering to buy them but I dont want to over price them if I can bring myself to part with them that is but I have been trying for over a year to figure it out

If you post pictures of them (starting a new thread) we can try to ID them.

1 Like