Guess the morph. Can one really ever tell from a picture?

In my opinion your best bet would probably be to pair her with a single gene mojave male. You’ll be able to tell the difference between BELS because if mom is lesser mojave like we suspect, then pairing with a mojave male will get you mojave lesser BELs (which are pure white) and super mojave BELs (which have a purple head, and you can tell them apart that way). Additionally, you’ll have the chance to get single gene animals either mojave or lesser (or whatever else mom is) so you’ll be able to see if you get any more pastel animals and/or if she has any other genes hiding.

I do think it’s worth sending in a shed test once those come out, though.

5 Likes

I truly believe she is not Super Mojo as most SM have a darker gray head compared to other BEL combos. Probably the best way would be to pair her to something completely outside of the BEL complex and see what the results are. You could still pair her with a nice male where by Lesser or Mojave would be a nice addition. For example Something with perhaps Enchi, OD, or Leopard. Also if you found something like that, which was also a visual Hypo or Clown, you would at least produce hets and some interesting combos. All three of the CoDom genes I mentioned react differently with Lesser and Mojave so you should be able to tell the difference.

7 Likes

I would guess mojave,pastel.

4 Likes

Sometimes odds are very strange. I bred my Super pastel lesser Spider to a Crystal. 4 eggs, 1 slug
All 4 babies were BEL. She passed lesser to every one. Sometimes every coinflip comes up heads. lol
3 were mojo/les, one was lesser/special.

I would be very interested in seeing a shed test on mom. My guess would also be mojo/lesser and she just happened to pass lesser alot on that clutch.
I would also not pair that particular male and female again personally because of the rate you hatched out bug eyes. Obviously they both seem to have that particular issue if every Super Lesser had it. Maybe consider breeding both to non lesser/butter in the future.

6 Likes