Guys need help! sand boa vs hognose snake

No offense but I do not think you are ready for breeding based on your answers.

It’s not a cheap hobby whether you invest in quality animals, equipment or shipping to get the right stock. Of you think 700 euros is expensive imagine the vet bill of your animal is injured or egg bound.

Any species has it’s possible challenges that is just part of breeding live animals.

Any one individual can injure or killed another individual when put together for breeding regardless of the species (had a female BP almost killing a male that should tell you a lot)

And that is just before it even starts so imagine when you actually start to breed have you even ask yourself all the right questions, market, demand, cost, feeders, exotic vet, what to do with the deformed ones and I can go on.

4 Likes

btw ill go for sand boas I think it will be a good investment btw I have some experience with vets bill my dog got 4 operation each about 2k btw guys do you think for 500 can I get a good couple?because I have no problem investing but the only time I spent a lot money in a animal it died due IBD and I think I would spend more than 1k for my first time breeding btw ill put an add I think from Germany I can easily get them

I also get the impression that more research would be wry helpful for you. Though I have not kept either of the two snakes, it seems logical to me to keep a species for awhile prior to breeding it. I really think you are jumping the gun here.

I also think it is extremely unlikely that you’d be able to turn a profit breeding a species you’re not familiar with. If you don’t want to keep and breed reptiles for the joy of it, you’re doing it for the wrong reasons.

I have some experience with vets too. :smirk:

3 Likes

no, I would not breed snakes for money I do that for the joy of seeing a baby just born

bet someone here got that im not so experienced but look like that due my English level and sometimes I can mispell something and it look like that im not so good

We’re not saying you’re not experienced or you don’t have passion. None of us know you well enough to assume that.

I think you’re missing the point.
Have you thought about all the aspects that go into breeding like @stewart_reptiles mentioned. And Deb only mentioned a few.
There are a lot of things to consider and many you won’t think of until you breed.
We just want you to make sure this is the right move for you and the reptiles you keep. All we are saying is do a lot of research before you buy and commit to a project. You may find out once you read some more about breeding, you may not want to take that leap.

Good luck.

3 Likes

thank you I mean im 15 I know for sure that my animals are healthy and I have a lot time and in the future when ill get more experience with this 2 species ill breed them I think isn’t so good jumping in it so fast

Hogs are often a bit more feisty than other snakes.