Hairbrained idea for climate control

So, I’m all for ideas that are sometimes so far out there people might ask “why even go there”. And that’s what leads me down a path I’ve been thinking about with future enclosures.

I’m a hobbyist, and an artist. I want my snakes on full display in not only functional but beautiful enclosures. More akin to a fine furniture piece than a glass box. And I also want the animal to be able to show its most natural state of being.

I already plan to have the temps, humidity and light controlled. Which makes me want to go even further.

So my hair brained idea is this:

Does anyone have enough programming knowledge to make a program that can run off of something like a raspberry pi, or something similar, that can check the weather report of an area of the world and reproduce it in an enclosure.

I know there may not be any great benefits to it. But reptiles are not really suited to just adapting to MN winter conditions, even indoors. So why not give them their “ideal” climate?

2 Likes

While hypothetically it would be possible, I wouldn’t trust it. What happens if there’s some severe weather phenomenon in the region of the world that you are using as a template for your climate controlled habitat? It sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

3 Likes

There would have to be some failsafes put in, for sure.

2 Likes